The worst box art

Started by philp, January 23, 2011, 04:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Still trying to calculate what scale that car is...1/2...1/3...the smile must be for "Thank God that's finished ;D

TheChronicOne

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 18, 2016, 06:07:45 AM
Nothing to do with fingers. They've spelt colours incorrectly  :rolleyes:

Bah!! We just "streamlined" the language by getting rid of superfluous "U"s. :P :P  ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Librarian on November 18, 2016, 07:57:58 AM
Still trying to calculate what scale that car is...1/2...1/3...the smile must be for "Thank God that's finished ;D

I hadn't really notice but yeah that's the size of like a kid's go-cart or even bigger isn't it?!  LOL!  Yeah if he painted the whole thing or even that stripe w/ just the air brush then he has some amount of hours into it for SURE. lol
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 18, 2016, 09:06:08 AM

Bah!! We just "streamlined" the language by getting rid of superfluous "U"s. :P :P  ;D ;D

Nope. Simply a case of the juveniles having to be different even when there was no need for it. Teenagers  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 19, 2016, 04:53:33 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 18, 2016, 09:06:08 AM

Nope. Simply a case of the juveniles having to be different even when there was no need for it. Teenagers  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;D
They DO like to rebel, ya know!!   ;)  :D
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Some gliders I snagged in a lot. They're some early 80's something or others from CzecholoPolandia or whatever. I forgot what my research netted. The one kit in the Muchca box is an SZD.16 instead of what the box shows but otherwise the kits are all there... will be built some day!  But the art... I never really considered it "bad" so much as an odd stylistic choice. I rather like the "Sep" one.

Anyway, back to reading this thread! It's been rather enjoyable although I lament the fact that many of the pictures and links have since gone T.U.
-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Thread revival! Well, it might be artwork for an animated series, but the Kfir does IMHO not deserve this goofy representation:

VERY limited edition, it seems?

PR19_Kit

Drawn with an ultra-wide-angle airbrush by the look of it.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Looks like the nose of an AMX!

Is that the British Royal crest on the tail?  :unsure:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Any Kfir I ever tried to build has ended-up looking like this anyway !

Ian.
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

JayBee

Quote from: Ian the Kiwi Herder on April 02, 2019, 11:21:05 AM
Any Kfir I ever tried to build has ended-up looking like this anyway !

Ian.

Oh! Deary, deary, me !

I did the very first review of that Hasegawa 1/72 Kfir for Scale Models mag. way back when.
I found it to be a very nice accurate kit.
So I can not imagine anyone getting any kit of the Kfir looking like that illustration.

Looking at the picture, it is almost as if the "photographer" was standing very close, and using a very wide angled lens.
Not a good place to be considering the aircraft appears to be in flight, and in full 'burner>
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

scooter

Quote from: JayBee on April 02, 2019, 12:52:59 PM

Looking at the picture, it is almost as if the "photographer" was standing very close, and using a very wide angled lens.
Not a good place to be considering the aircraft appears to be in flight, and in full 'burner>

"How low can you go?" :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

This is the original '79 box art.

This release is one that keeps eluding me.  I want this boxing but refuse to pay too much and so keep getting outbid.  Maybe that is an indication it's a good kit?
I'll get one one day.   I'm a stubborn bar steward.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

rickshaw

Quote from: zenrat on April 03, 2019, 02:49:05 AM
I'm a stubborn bar steward.

That reminds me of a story about a certain Senior WO2 I used to serve with.   Way back in the 80's our unit was supporting "Opera in the Bush", which was an opera show put on by the  Australian Opera way out in the Flinders Ranges in South Australia.   Well, virtually everybody who was anybody wanted in on the show 'cause it was supposed to be a good booze up and plenty of sheilas running 'round loose.  Anyway, on the night, there was a huge booze up after the show was over and all the support staff were invited - if they had "proper dress".   So, the Senior NCOs all turned out in Mess Dress - a sort of fancy uniform with a dinner jacket and a wide red strip down the trousers side.   

Apparently they were all standing 'round, enjoying themselves when suddenly this big-wig taps a Senior WO2 on the shoulder and hands him $50 and asked for four beers - he has obviously mistaken him for a waiter.   So, the Senior WO2 slips the money in his pocket and goes back on the chin-wag.  The big-wig turns 'round and asks him where his beers are.   "Beers?  Don't know nuthin' 'bout any beers!"  The big-wig looks a bit nonplussed and asks for his money back.  "Money?  Don't know nuthin' 'bout any money!"  Comes back the reply.   The big-wig looks a little upset and the RSM who has watched the whole affair taps him on the shoulder and suggests politely that he should bugger off as he's just insulted a senior WO.  Off he staggers looking rather confused.  The Senior WO2 goes back to his chin-wag.   Everybody kept from laughing until the big-wig was out of earshot.  The Senior WO2 dined out on that story for many a year and everybody enjoyed some more beers, courtesy of the big-wig's money.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.