The worst box art

Started by philp, January 23, 2011, 04:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

That's why I said "in a roll" Anything else would be out and it would have to "lock" in place.  There is no lateral movement in a roll.  :wacko:  This reminds me of the old Pepsi commercial where ol' boy went inverted to pour his Pepsi into his glass.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

A new contender emerged:

I am not certain if this is/should be an F-84G model or an eggplane parody?  :unsure:

zenrat

Its not the best is it.

Looks like it's been doing seriously high G manoeuvres and warped its airframe.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

I initially wondered if this was to depict an F-84F with swept wings...!

zenrat

I think it's to depict an F-84F built by me aged 10.  Although the finish is too good and there are no sticky fingerprints.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

And it looks like the wings have been SHORTENED! Sacrilege!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

tahsin

Eye of the beholder, such a cool image. Only if it could also take off.

Weaver

On the plus side, it probably turns really well to the right...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Great Wall Hobbies seem to have got it a little bit wrong with their new 1/48 Su-35S.  I can't quite put my finger on it but I think the artist hasn't allowed for perspective.
Or is it just me?
Fred

scooter

Egg plane with longer wings?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

tahsin

Do we all agree the artist who made the boxart was very happy with the cockpit? So that when he/she learned that the box would be small and all the detail would be lost (if it showed a correctly propertioned Thunderjet) it was simply down to moving the wingtips "closer" and keeping the fuselage as is. Though is it really so? Oh, here is your parasite CAS/ground attack jet. I am more of a 84F fan but plankwings will also do, with the regular take off issues. So, if you were cut off the main landing gear-with the required wingspan- you will get? Just do not forget to add the loitering propeller between the wing and the tail... Hence the rocket rails are right at the wingtips. Took me 10 to 15 minutes, with pieces falling together and it designing itself (as many proper things do). C-119 is where you will need to be creative. Will probably call this the top conjectural engineering effort of the year on a personal basis; congragulations, we have together discovered the truth behind the Thunderplank.

It was later when I noticed the underfuselage drops. Took another 30 minutes, was torn between making them fixed with bomb shackles on them and "dropping". The second led to a jettison system that can also work some sort of skids to let it land on the grass like the French Barodeur(?). Which then needed a C-47 based "collection" system. If a service span of 5 years it will probably have an helicopter to pick it up from the field by the end, at least tested in that way...

TheChronicOne

GWH again. This doesn't look right, either......     :unsure:

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

You're right, it doesn't.
Fred

Old Wombat

Mind you, the TBD-1 Devastator looks pretty "wrong" anyway!

First image looks to be an almost perfect match to the box art.

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Another contender from China. Is it just me, or DO they have a problem with prespectives and proportions?  :unsure:

Maybe it's an eggplane kit, anyway?  :rolleyes: