Cliffy B

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

RussC

Nice one! BTW- there are now several interest groups on d/A that correspond to our proclivities.

Whifcraft
Aircraft profilers
World of Dioramas (brand spankin' new!)
Digital Aviation Arts
Airships

And a host of similars.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

RussC

Big green battleship!

And here is the page

http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d4yg6fs

He's a 3D artist, sketch rendering, mostly automobiles but a surprising group of whif's too.

RussC

This is a kind of "Artsy" picture, but titled as "Haunting Fears" it does have some appeal, besides the obvious...

PR19_Kit

Gulp!

I thought I'd miss-typed the URL for a moment there!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Aircav

Quote from: RussC on May 14, 2012, 01:12:50 PM
This is a kind of "Artsy" picture, but titled as "Haunting Fears" it does have some appeal, besides the obvious...

What, the French looking plane ?  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

RussC

Newest from Cutangus. Its not a dress up of a Vought F5u / V-173 either. Tailless and a lift fan drive.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pablo1965

agreed but,  who shot all those guns?

RussC

Quote from: Pablo1965 on June 01, 2012, 01:19:02 PM

1 Very busy pilot! One thing about whiffs, you don't have to worry about all the machinery, framing and electronics / hydraulics associated with powered barbette turrets! Or their ammunition storage. A Hamster sized pilot would be very useful in this design.

Too much JMN out of me for a Friday....

PR19_Kit

Jeepers, a veritable airborne circular fortress!

But almost modelable too............  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pablo1965

Quote from: RussC on June 01, 2012, 01:57:55 PM
Quote from: Pablo1965 on June 01, 2012, 01:19:02 PM

1 Very busy pilot! One thing about whiffs, you don't have to worry about all the machinery, framing and electronics / hydraulics associated with powered barbette turrets! Or their ammunition storage. A Hamster sized pilot would be very useful in this design.

Too much JMN out of me for a Friday....

Don´t worry, I´m not a JMN, I was thinking in it like a modern plane with littles cameras and sensors or remote sistem, that's my default, I am passionate about imaginary technical details.

Steel Penguin

I had them tagged as AI controlled energy wepons  :thumbsup:  its a nice easy step around.  evan kinda lazy.. just perfect for a sunday morning
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

KJ_Lesnick

Stargazer2000

I really like the Angels 22 artwork...
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.