Whifs found on deviantART

Started by Stargazer, January 25, 2011, 08:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Sorry, guys... I can't be an hypocrite and say i like them all just because they're Portuguese... That won't change my preferences but still, i do like the Corsair and the Mitchell, the ones with less colors...  ;D :thumbsup:
Re the backstory, i also have a very different view on how Portugal could've entered the war. Salazar was trying at all cost to keep neutrality and also to keep Spain from joining the Axis... Even when Australian and Dutch troops occupied Portuguese Timor, Salazar protested and sent 800 men and equipment to defend the territory but it was overrun by the Japanese before they even got there... no war declaration was made then and it surely wouldn't happen because of 3 deaths and a ship... But that's just my opinion, of course.  ;)

:cheers:

Edit: Portugal was helping the Allies since 1942, with Gladiotors based in the Azores, which flew cover for allied convoys, and also reconnaissance and meteorological flights... And also, in June 1941, the Ganda was sunk by a U-boat, then in October it was the Corte Real, then in December it was the Cassequel... so, if Salazar wanted to declare war on Germany, he already had enough reasons to do so but he kept neutral and selling Wolfram to both Nazis and Allies until the latter threatened him with sanctions just before the Normandy invasion.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Sport21ing

Quote from: DogfighterZen on January 09, 2018, 06:01:49 AM
Sorry, guys... I can't be an hypocrite and say i like them all just because they're Portuguese... That won't change my preferences but still, i do like the Corsair and the Mitchell, the ones with less colors...  ;D :thumbsup:
Re the backstory, i also have a very different view on how Portugal could've entered the war. Salazar was trying at all cost to keep neutrality and also to keep Spain from joining the Axis... Even when Australian and Dutch troops occupied Portuguese Timor, Salazar protested and sent 800 men and equipment to defend the territory but it was overrun by the Japanese before they even got there... no war declaration was made then and it surely wouldn't happen because of 3 deaths and a ship... But that's just my opinion, of course.  ;)

(Vou responder em inglês só pro resto do pessoal perceber, ok)

In a way, your right, but since the start of the war (OTL), we have lost 11 vessels and around 50 peoples, in an way, accidental. But in this case, they beat up inocent civilians that were escaping the war + there was pression by the allies to end the export of volframium to Germany (in which we did, but to EVERYONE on 5 of June, 1944)
My deviantart page:
http://sport16ing.deviantart.com/

PS: Not my art, not very good at drawning :P

DogfighterZen

<_< Convém, é um site internacional. :thumbsup: Yup, but i believe that he wouldn't risk losing Franco's trust by officially joining, too much to lose because of another minor loss. Still, it is an interesting idea and i think you did a good job both on the profiles and the story, i just see it differently.

Abraço do Algarve! :thumbsup:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rick Lowe

Fair enough.  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 10, 2018, 12:17:30 AM

Fair enough.  :thumbsup:

We are in whifland so Sport21ing's story is as valid as anything i might say, we can all have different views on the same subject, that's why i love the freedom of whiffing.
Looking back at the profiles, i do like all of them, just not my cup of tea. They'd probably look very good built up but... i am a known monochromatic skinny little b****rd... :wacko:
That said, i've built a P-51D a couple of years ago, that had a somewhat similar scheme to the one on the Spitfire. I got the idea from Portuguese F-86F's scheme.

Tophe

VERY interesting!!! :wub: Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

scooter

Looks like they were hitting the Jäger pretty hard...
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Caveman

Quote from: perttime on January 17, 2018, 08:48:41 AM
I believe there's people who might find this interesting:

https://jimbowyrick1.deviantart.com/art/Veeblefitzer-Ve-387-F-Stagger-Jeager-723630809?src=MC_deviation_stack

I quite like that staggered fuselage but I am less sure about the staggered wing. Now an oblique wing I think I could get behind. Or perhaps add an oppositely staggered h-stab/canard. And without wishing to hurt tophes heart, perhaps a more "feasible" layout like that would have a bit more vertical tail area... I think it would certainly be possible to generate some pretty cool creations from that concept though.
secretprojects forum migrant

Rick Lowe

Not sure how the staggered main landing gear would work, either...

But probably great for landing at Wellington airport in a strong Southerly...  :lol:

scooter

Spruce Moose WIG

Talk about a maintainer's nightmare...
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

That's seriously bizarre, but I like the idea of the helipad between the fins  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 03, 2018, 07:07:01 AM
That's seriously bizarre, but I like the idea of the helipad between the fins  ;D ;)

Some of the RW Antonovs could quite happily accommodate one...

NARSES2

It is, but the more you look at it, the more you kind of think.......ehmmmmm, maybe if ....?????  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 04, 2018, 04:51:45 AM

It is, but the more you look at it, the more you kind of think.......ehmmmmm, maybe if ....?????  ;)

It makes a lot of sense for a BIG flying boat, which almost by design would spend a lot of time on the water moored some distance from the shore.

A helicopter would take a lot less time to get out to support the crew etc. than a power boat.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit