Whifs found on deviantART

Started by Stargazer, January 25, 2011, 08:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

That, or you can't afford more than one in your lifetime!  ;D

jcf

Quote from: Wardukw on August 17, 2024, 01:03:45 PM
Quote from: scooter on August 17, 2024, 12:36:36 PMAnother Veeblefitzer monstrosity in "kit" form: The Veeblefitzer-Kawadanga VK-373B ''Sea Samurai" jet propelled sea-plane

>>LINK!!!!!<< for when the token expires.
The tag line " Models you can only build once" ..is that cause if you build one you never want to build another one??  :unsure:  ;)
Models from "Kamikaze Kits" are like the tape recorded messages in "Get Smart".
Once completed it self-destructs.
:wacko:

kerick

Quote from: jcf on August 17, 2024, 06:21:23 PM
Quote from: scooter on August 17, 2024, 12:36:36 PMAnother Veeblefitzer monstrosity in "kit" form: The Veeblefitzer-Kawadanga VK-373B ''Sea Samurai" jet propelled sea-plane

The tag line " Models you can only build once" ..is that cause if you build one you never want to build another one??  :unsure:  ;)

After you build one you want to crash it into the ground!
I like the picture of the guy from Mad magazine next to the skill level: idiot!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

😁😁😁
I like that 😅
Quote from: kerick on August 17, 2024, 09:12:55 PM

After you build one you want to crash it into the ground!
I like the picture of the guy from Mad magazine next to the skill level: idiot!
😁😁😁
I like that too 😅
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

scooter

Go home dA Dreamup (their AS art "program"), you're both drunk and channeling Escher

>>LINK!<< for when the token expires.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rick Lowe

For when you need to make that *really* sharp turn...!  ;D  :banghead:

Wardukw

Either that or just going around in circles doing defense in position  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Some of his other pics look good. This one, something went wrong!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

Quote from: kerick on August 30, 2024, 09:55:29 PMSome of his other pics look good. This one, something went wrong!
It's all AI garbage and the eejit has a "support my work" banner. 
What "work"?

kerick

I have a problem with people that AI or photoshop a pic and try to pass it off as real. This has been going on for several years now. If someone wants to call it art then at least they are being truthful about it being fiction.
Tophe the Wise

jcf

Quote from: kerick on August 31, 2024, 11:51:41 AMI have a problem with people that AI or photoshop a pic and try to pass it off as real. This has been going on for several years now. If someone wants to call it art then at least they are being truthful about it being fiction.
Yeah, but if it's the product of an AI image generator that uses artwork and images scraped from the web, and other sources, including scanning in images from books etc., then it's not that "creator's" work nor is it art. It's theft.

kerick

Quote from: jcf on August 31, 2024, 02:11:47 PM
Quote from: kerick on August 31, 2024, 11:51:41 AMI have a problem with people that AI or photoshop a pic and try to pass it off as real. This has been going on for several years now. If someone wants to call it art then at least they are being truthful about it being fiction.
Yeah, but if it's the product of an AI image generator that uses artwork and images scraped from the web, and other sources, including scanning in images from books etc., then it's not that "creator's" work nor is it art. It's theft.

You have a valid point, no doubt about it. My beef is when people try to pass it off as an image of something real. And others who are not familiar with the subject are tricked into believing that's false. So combined we have stealing and lying!
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: jcf on August 31, 2024, 02:11:47 PM

Personally I think you are both correct to a certain degree. My concern is that it is getting very difficult to discern what is AI generated and what is an "origional" piece. What worries me even more is that younger generations who seem to spend their entire lives viewing "life" via a 6 x 3 inch screen don't even seem to care. That is going to lead, probably has already storred up, some really serious issues that future generations will have to deal with. Best of luck to them is all I can say.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

I am more concerned about search engines using AI. We've already seen people passing of our What-If ideas as real machines. It can't be long before people start using AI tools for research and have it incorporating fan-fiction and alternate history stories into the result. The history of WW2 (and other events) could look very different in a few decades.

jcf

There's growing evidence that the "AI"*
text and image generators are becoming
increasingly recursive, producing results
that are generated using results that had
been generated previously by the same
program and those generated by other
AI software. The results from the same
prompts, using different programs, are
becoming more and more alike. This is
also true of the text generators.
AI algorithms are trending towards the
production of a bland sameness.

*"AI" doesn't exist, none of the programs,
or AI routines built into other software, are
in any way "intelligent", they're algorithms.
All of the current AI hoopla is marketing BS
created to sell software. Big business loves
it, of course, because they see it as a way to
eliminate those pesky workers, why pay a
human a wage when a software license is
so cheap?