Whifs found on deviantART

Started by Stargazer, January 25, 2011, 08:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

This is hilarious.  ;D

You cannot view this attachment.

Joe C-P

Quote from: Scotaidh on August 27, 2023, 07:59:16 AM

The Veeblefitzer-Boeing Roaring Zeus ... 56 engines, range unknown, payload unknown ...

Fuel supply gone in the first 100 miles...
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Rick Lowe

Wet wing... all fuel, save the crawlways to service the engines in mid-flight... and still hits Bingo point when on the taxiway...

Nick

Must be one aircraft per squadron with all the personnel needed. 60 gunners, 20 engineers, 10 flight crew, 2 cooks in the galley, and a doctor in the sickbay. And that's per SHIFT!

1600ft wingspan, 1000ft length (based on a B-29 prop pair being 40ft wide). You'd need special tanks for the engine oil alone.

It would sink into any runway of WW2. That would have to be 500ft wide for the outer wheels to support the wingspan. Probably 10 miles long to be sure.
Airbase is the size of a county or large city.

There must be a narrow gauge railway inside the wings. A cargo hatch with crane to load all the ammo and supplies inside. Bomb bay is either huge or pathetically tiny  ;D

I would like to see the civilian version. They would appreciate the numerous windows in the wingtips and fuselage top.  :thumbsup:

McColm

Maybe a kitbash using a B-29 fuselage with the wings of the Northrop YB-35/YB-49. One for my future builds pile.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on September 02, 2023, 11:20:25 AMMust be one aircraft per squadron with all the personnel needed. 60 gunners, 20 engineers, 10 flight crew, 2 cooks in the galley, and a doctor in the sickbay. And that's per SHIFT!

1600ft wingspan, 1000ft length (based on a B-29 prop pair being 40ft wide). You'd need special tanks for the engine oil alone.

It would sink into any runway of WW2. That would have to be 500ft wide for the outer wheels to support the wingspan. Probably 10 miles long to be sure.
Airbase is the size of a county or large city.

There must be a narrow gauge railway inside the wings. A cargo hatch with crane to load all the ammo and supplies inside. Bomb bay is either huge or pathetically tiny  ;D

I would like to see the civilian version. They would appreciate the numerous windows in the wingtips and fuselage top.  :thumbsup:

There's always someone who has to think of the practicalities of life  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

All those windows for growing vegetables during those extended flights.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Joe C-P

Quote from: McColm on September 03, 2023, 02:53:54 AMMaybe a kitbash using a B-29 fuselage with the wings of the Northrop YB-35/YB-49. One for my future builds pile.

If you don't do this I will have to do now it's in my head.  Have to find them in small scales.  Ooo.   :o
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

McColm

Quote from: JoeP on September 07, 2023, 10:32:43 AM
Quote from: McColm on September 03, 2023, 02:53:54 AMMaybe a kitbash using a B-29 fuselage with the wings of the Northrop YB-35/YB-49. One for my future builds pile.

If you don't do this I will have to do now it's in my head.  Have to find them in small scales.  Ooo.   :o
I like a challenge and no two whiffs are the same. Go ahead, I will start saving from October. I tend to work in 1/72 scale whilst prices for the B-29 are consistent the YB-35/YB-49 are expensive. Alternatively the old Airfix Avro Vulcan B.2 kit ,I've used several over the years for my other builds and found it's adaptable.

scooter

Link for when the token expires; >>HERE<<!

From the OP:
QuoteHi!
  Oh -Ha-Ha-Ha!!!
A dear DA friend gave me a Core Membership,
and I tried-out the new AI site.
I typed in "B-17 Flying Fortress", and the crazy
machine gave me an image of this poor mutated-
creature with three engines on its port wing, and
with only two, on the opposite wing!
  And the forward fuselage!?!?!?
  The craft in the back, looks like a twin
fuselage C-47 !
  Don't hesitate to have fun with this new medium!
Create to stop hate!
Create to liberate!
Create to be great!
- Jimbo and PAV
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

Quote from: scooter on November 27, 2023, 04:39:01 PM
Link for when the token expires; >>HERE<<!

From the OP:
QuoteHi!
  Oh -Ha-Ha-Ha!!!
A dear DA friend gave me a Core Membership,
and I tried-out the new AI site.
I typed in "B-17 Flying Fortress", and the crazy
machine gave me an image of this poor mutated-
creature with three engines on its port wing, and
with only two, on the opposite wing!
  And the forward fuselage!?!?!?
  The craft in the back, looks like a twin
fuselage C-47 !
  Don't hesitate to have fun with this new medium!
Create to stop hate!
Create to liberate!
Create to be great!
- Jimbo and PAV

I honestly don't know what to make of this thing...it seems to have more cockpits then 4 other planes combined aswell.
The port side wing has the 3 engines mentioned but the farthest propeller is pointing way left  ;D  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

I didn't know Tophe had a DA album... ;)

Old Wombat

It appears Tophe is now THE Ghost in the Machine! ;D  ;D  ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Beermonster58

My partner had to check her bifocals when she saw that!! Thought her glasses were somehow wrong.....! ;D
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

Dizzyfugu

It really looks like a (typically poor and unlogical) AI graphic.  :-\