Whifs found on deviantART

Started by Stargazer, January 25, 2011, 08:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: RussC on January 20, 2012, 06:43:34 PM
There to Look terrific!  ;)

I couldn't agree more.  ;D

Perhaps they're there by Presidential Decree? 'I'm not flying in ANYTHING that doesn't look cool! Give it some more wings!'
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

mkhulu

Quote from: rickshaw on January 20, 2012, 09:14:45 PM
Interesting ship and an interesting back story.  I suspect an invitation would be in order, unless its yours?

Nope , not mine ... still to start my 1st whif  ;D :rolleyes:
Going nowhere slowly

RussC

Quote from: mkhulu on January 22, 2012, 05:08:13 AM
Interesting ship and an interesting back story.  I suspect an invitation would be in order, unless its yours?

Egads..... :-X ;D ;D

"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

anthonyp

Quote from: RussC on January 22, 2012, 12:34:01 PM

And you're showing Traverse City, Michigan's chief export, why...?
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

pyro-manic

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 21, 2012, 03:18:07 AM
I couldn't agree more.  ;D

Perhaps they're there by Presidential Decree? 'I'm not flying in ANYTHING that doesn't look cool! Give it some more wings!'

Since when was a US President a decider of "coolness"? :P
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

rickshaw

Quote from: pyro-manic on January 22, 2012, 07:54:08 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 21, 2012, 03:18:07 AM
I couldn't agree more.  ;D

Since when was a US President a decider of "coolness"? :P

I think it depends upon who's President.

Now, if it was this person, everybody would be falling over to follow what he wears, says, does....

Compared to this person....

But I really can't imagine that first person ever using the uncool word, "cool" in reference to anything to do with himself.  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on January 23, 2012, 06:07:28 AM
Now, if it was this person, everybody would be falling over to follow what he wears, says, does....

As in 'You're only supposed to blow the ruddy DOORS off!'?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

RussC

Quote from: anthonyp on January 22, 2012, 07:04:46 PM
Quote from: RussC on January 22, 2012, 12:34:01 PM

And you're showing Traverse City, Michigan's chief export, why...?

How to put it delicately.... hmmmmm... Ok, skip wikipedia and go the the "urban dictionary" which has all of the slang in it. It generally refers to virginity in both genders, in fact where I grew up the term was used about the gentlemen only.

Also reminds me that I've misplaced my recipe for Chili Cherry Chutney....with all that talk of spicy stuff over in the other thread.

Stargazer

Cutangus (José Garcia) has outdone himself... once again!

Quote"This picture represents a supersonic C.T.O.V.L. bomber dressed as a U.S.A.F. aircraft of the 60's.
Vertical landing can be achieved by the four fans buried in the big wings, moved by the gas generated by the central turbofan engine.
Around the main engine are a cluster or rocket engines to be used only during enemy airspace penetration, in order to raise speed up to Mach 3.3 and so present a difficult target to air defenses.
This is a design I made in 2010 to a movie project that was finally shelved. It was never released and has never shown before."

RussC

I would be very curious as to the movie that was almost in!  :o

PR19_Kit

I wonder where it carries its bomb load and fuel, the fuselage is stuffed with engine and the wings are full of lift fans!  ;)

It looks pretty darned good nonetheless.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

RussC

B-58 fuel/payload pod or conformal tank. Slung under the belly.

The illustration skills are incredible and the feel for the period markings and paint finish- circa XB-70. Whether you are painting 2D art or painting a skin for a 3D subject or some hybrid process like where I create the 3D outline and paint it in 2D, all of these require time, a deft command of all the features of the digital or traditional tools, and a strong idea.

My question goes with the backstory that the movie would have provided, as in why SAC would want vertical performance when they had airbases up the w@zoo? Also would be fascinating if the story had some exotic fuels for that Flash Gordon powerplant.

NARSES2

That's a lovely bit of art work
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Stargazer

Lo and behold...

I have created a new group on deviantART called WHIFCRAFT.

Its purpose is to feature only the very best of imaginary aircraft that appear on dA. For now I filled the galleries with pics of mine that did not require permission from other members, but soon enough I expect them to be filled with works by others!

If you are a member of deviantART, please feel free to join and/or make suggestions for our galleries!

http://whifcraft.deviantart.com

RussC