Whifs found on deviantART

Started by Stargazer, January 25, 2011, 08:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I've got the Anigrand kits of both of those aircraft  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Zombolt

Quote from: Stargazer2006 on February 03, 2012, 03:12:21 AM
Lo and behold...

I have created a new group on deviantART called WHIFCRAFT.

Its purpose is to feature only the very best of imaginary aircraft that appear on dA. For now I filled the galleries with pics of mine that did not require permission from other members, but soon enough I expect them to be filled with works by others!

If you are a member of deviantART, please feel free to join and/or make suggestions for our galleries!

http://whifcraft.deviantart.com

I already joined.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

perttime

I wonder... has anyone done THAT to a Messerschmitt KR 200  :lol:

RussC

And he's got a lot more where that came from

http://ttvortex.deviantart.com/

And here is one from another digital creator, a more "artsy" illustration.

his gallery at http://dimmartin.deviantart.com/

And he has a Beaufighters attacking zeppelins painting that is almost toxic-ally cool.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Sticky Fingers

That "Sting" thing is all sorts of cool!
And I love the continuation of the post-it notes!

NARSES2

Thanks for the link Russ, some lovely stuff there, some would make fantastic posters
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Is that XF-77 an artwork of a model being built, or a real model?

All sorts of awesome whatever it is!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RussC

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 24, 2012, 11:30:29 AM
Is that XF-77 an artwork of a model being built, or a real model?

All sorts of awesome whatever it is!  :o

According to the gallery comments, its a 3D artwork, using one of the commercial tools - DAZ 3D I think. Talked with 'vortex and he said that he also does build regular plastic and resin kits as well as do digital art and I think this perspective gives his creation of the scenes and box art an extra jolt of realism.

He also said that he posted it on a scale modeling website and regular builders were all scrambling to look for this "new kit on the block" to buy one!  ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: RussC on February 24, 2012, 12:06:42 PM
He also said that he posted it on a scale modeling website and regular builders were all scrambling to look for this "new kit on the block" to buy one!  ;D

I'm not surprised! I think Colin Freightdog should take a good look at this one.......  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

RussC

Quote from: Aircav on February 25, 2012, 05:18:03 AM
Cutting mat is to clean.  ;) ;D

Now that you mention it...so are the brushes and paint tins!  :mellow:

NARSES2