Captain Canada

Sure hope it has bullet-proof glass !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Since he was last mentioned on here back in 2011, Konstantin aka TheXHS has done a whole lot more wonderful stuff, all very relevent for whiff ideas. Check out his gallery here:

http://thexhs.deviantart.com/gallery/

Few examples that caught my eye:

There's pages and pages of these: go look.....  :wub: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

My only issue is with the SXT-433 (1st pic). That turret behind the cockpit has such a limited arc of fire it's almost useless!

Other than that one "fault" the rest is great! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Wow....nice find ! I went all the way through and I bet there's fifty I'm going to save and print for future reference.

:cheers: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

This is the one I was actually looking for, after a google search about flying boats threw it up:

:wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Ooh now that one's nice ! I didn't see it on the page...but I sure like the look of it !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Green Dragon

He's got very Anime style to some of his designs, good stuff!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

kerick

I notice the artist didn't put national insignia on the drawings. Some clearly should have red stars on the wings. They look so Russian.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Madoc

That and the positioning of the engines means their thrust is immediately under the wings.  I think that would serve to reduce the lift by speeding the airflow on that side.  Having them exhaust over the top would increase the lift.

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 19, 2014, 06:19:46 AM
My only issue is with the SXT-433 (1st pic). That turret behind the cockpit has such a limited arc of fire it's almost useless!
Wherever you go, there you are!

Weaver

Quote from: Madoc on May 22, 2014, 11:11:14 AM
That and the positioning of the engines means their thrust is immediately under the wings.  I think that would serve to reduce the lift by speeding the airflow on that side.  Having them exhaust over the top would increase the lift.

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 19, 2014, 06:19:46 AM

Not neccessarily: the exhaust might be deflected by big flaps for take off, as in the Boeing YC-15 and, to an extent, the C-17.

- Indiana Jones

McColm

Gives me an idea to use the Airbus A380 as a Space Shuttle carrier.

scooter

Don't know if this one ever showed up...

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng