Whifs found on deviantART

Started by Stargazer, January 25, 2011, 08:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Wow....loads of good stuff in there ! A little too far fetched for most of us 'almost real-world' types, but some neat ideas regardless !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Hmm - a four-engined Buccaneer. You could probably do that with two of the old Matchbox kits, since they had the engine nacelles moulded separately.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Great drawings.  Distorted and cartoonised but retaining enough of the inspiration to enable it to be identified.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on November 07, 2014, 05:03:54 PM
Great drawings.  Distorted and cartoonised but retaining enough of the inspiration to enable it to be identified.

You need that Bucc for the pirates of the GAB/Nullabor, mate! ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I haven't even considered what the Sky Pirates would use in the jet age* but Buccaneer has a fitting name at least.

*other than Rotodynes obviously
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

FAR148

Such a big fan of this aircraft :wub:

Steven L :cheers:

Captain Canada

I don't think western planners would like to see that !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 24, 2014, 06:48:13 AM
I don't think western planners would like to see that !

:thumbsup:

Maybe not, but the Indians ARE getting some T50's as they're a build partner with Sukhoi
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Weaver

Free Panonian Torpedo Launcher Gripen by Waffle0708:

More interesting stuff on his gallery here: http://waffle0708.deviantart.com/gallery/
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

kerick

Needs a couple more guns!
I have no idea where a person would start to try and build that! Other than carving foam.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

Well I always tend to regard them a a starting point rather than a blueprint. Shape-wise, it's pretty much a confection of WWII components, possibly with some scaleorama involved. The long part of the canopy looks like a Grumman Avenger one but back-to-front.

Those endplate fins with the semi-circular leading edges remind me of something but I can't put my finger on it and it's bugging me......

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on November 27, 2014, 06:02:57 AM
Those endplate fins with the semi-circular leading edges remind me of something but I can't put my finger on it and it's bugging me......

It's like a B-24 fin without the rudder.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

lancer

Twin missile racks on the front 'finlets'??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on November 27, 2014, 06:02:57 AM
...Those endplate fins with the semi-circular leading edges remind me of something but I can't put my finger on it and it's bugging me......

Something Italian.

SM-79?

Fred

Sticky Fingers