Whifs found on deviantART

Started by Stargazer, January 25, 2011, 08:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Heh - a Sea Speeder: I like it!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on December 07, 2014, 03:17:35 PM

If Luke crashes this one, he won't have to worry about getting stepped on by an AT-AT.  But he will have worry about breathing underwater
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Weaver

Quote from: scooter on December 07, 2014, 03:30:23 PM
Quote from: Weaver on December 07, 2014, 03:17:35 PM

If Luke crashes this one, he won't have to worry about getting stepped on by an AT-AT.  But he will have worry about breathing underwater

Oh, the Empire probably has something equally logical to threaten him at sea. A nuclear-powered barge with thousands of robotic paddles, for intstance.... :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Okay this pic by 2oneart is weird, but, I feel, strangely doable with a sailing ship kit, a two-litre plastic pop bottle, and a decapitated toy dragon:

Source: http://2oneart.deviantart.com/art/Flying-Ships-169360325

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

That Sea Speeder is just too cool ! Awesome job on the water as well

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

That's crazy! Good luck building that one! Although that would blow some minds at the contest table if someone did.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Knightflyer

Quote from: kerick on December 17, 2014, 07:57:48 PM
That's crazy! Good luck building that one! Although that would blow some minds at the contest table if someone did.

Well I 'see' a Me163 'Komet' with F-86 Sabre wings .....but the tail surfaces ???  :unsure:
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Dizzyfugu

Reminds me of a Sea Vixen without a radar nose and with double Bronco tail surfaces?

The Speeder is cool, too.

Logan Hartke

Here's a neat one from DeviantART. It looks kind of like a combination of a Short Sandringham (layout, configuration), Grumman Albatross (cockpit, engines), and Antonov An-10 (nose).

If it's a real plane, I'm not familiar with it.

http://tiagoporto.deviantart.com/gallery/

Cheers,

Logan

Captain Canada

Wow...that's some gorgeous work and I can definitely see all three a/c in it !

The CDN fighter is pretty wild as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Building a flying boat with a transparent nose would not be too good an idea. Even RW 'boats had problems with keeping the water out of the nose viz. the PBY crash on the Solent in 1999/2000.

But perhaps that's why the pilot landed it in the desert...  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Seems as if the pic is inspired by a true story of a B-24 (the 'Lady be good') in WWII that was abandoned by its crew, but eventually kept flying - it landed smoothly deep in the southern Sahara after fuel ran out:

kerick

Start with an Albatross and add B-24 wings, lengthen the fuselage..........
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise