Whifs found on deviantART

Started by Stargazer, January 25, 2011, 08:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Got the Fujimi 1/144th Fugaku kit a few weeks ago from HLJ, very big and very nice!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Flyer on February 20, 2015, 01:12:30 PM
I like both of those. The Japanese one looks familiar somehow too.

Yep, this was a serious Japanese design - at least I remember a six-engine long range bomber. Just not certain if it would have lookd that B-29ish, but it has a real background.

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 21, 2015, 01:32:18 AM
Quote from: Flyer on February 20, 2015, 01:12:30 PM
I like both of those. The Japanese one looks familiar somehow too.

Yep, this was a serious Japanese design - at least I remember a six-engine long range bomber. Just not certain if it would have lookd that B-29ish, but it has a real background.

From memory I think a couple of companies were looking at possible designs so you may be thinking of one of the others
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Did the Japanese ever get any Fw-200s or was it just talk?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

The flight of the prototype Condor Fw 200 V1 renamed Fw 200S-1 for the flight (no idea why) from Berlin to Tokyo in 1938 aroused a lot of interest and 5 Fw 200B transports and single militarise aircraft for the IJNAF were ordered but not delivered.

Source : Putnams German Aircraft of the Second World War
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Sticky Fingers

scooter

Turning swords into plowshares...

And from the same artist-
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

marek

Quote from: Sticky Fingers on February 26, 2015, 07:02:03 AM

Why not eh?

Soviet news agency TASS:
"Yesterday, at four o'clock in the morning, in the valley of the Amur, four Chinese army divisions supported by tanks and artillery crossed the Soviet-Chinese border and attacked a peacefully tilling Soviet tractor. The tractor fired back, repelling the treacherous attack in a hail of rocket and machine gun fire, and flew away. The chairman of the collective farms warned that if the incident is repeated, he will be forced to deploy combine harvesters capable of vertical take-off."

Unfortunatelly it seems that this old joke seems to be very, very up-to-date :(

jsport

what an awesome bash. thanks for posting

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Librarian

Now THAT is nice. Needs building :thumbsup:.

Captain Canada

The long-forgotten old site member Wee Jimmy was building a Hawker Hunter that he called the Wheat Razor. Some idea about cutting down US wheat to up the price of CDN wheat. Sounds shady enough for the CDN wheat board ! I vowed to finish it someday, but you know what John Fogerty says  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Jesse220