Whifs found on deviantART

Started by Stargazer, January 25, 2011, 08:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Does 'engine variant' mean it has an afterburning Spey?

It looks a natural in those colours, and I LOVE the two seater version of the F-8 too, even though they only made one of them IIRC.  :thumbsup: :wub:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Scotaidh

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 17, 2020, 01:48:49 PM
Does 'engine variant' mean it has an afterburning Spey?

It looks a natural in those colours, and I LOVE the two seater version of the F-8 too, even though they only made one of them IIRC.  :thumbsup: :wub:

He doesn't explain ...  :(
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

chrisonord

Hmm? I have a hasegawa  F8 in the stash doing nowt, that could very well be its get out of jail  card. Nice  find
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

perttime

Some items in the BeignetBison Alternate History gallery.
https://www.deviantart.com/beignetbison/gallery/36624653/alternate-history

Among his recent work: Arsenal VB.33 Epaulard. He says: "F4u airframe, A3D Skyknigh wings, T-56 engine nacelle for front fuselage, Supermarine Attacker canopy..."

NARSES2

I like that  :thumbsup:

A distant relative of the Loire-Nieuport LN411 ?

And yes it is residing in my stash
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

perttime

From comment on BeignetBison's Arsenal VB.33 Epaulard:
--------------
Davidtou
It seems to be a close brother of the Loire-Nieuport LN 401.

BeignetBison
Funny beacue the inspiration used on is are mainly american and british.

--------------

But there is some clear resemblance.

scooter

Ford Bronco Walkers

For when the token expires

I wonder if they rust out like Broncos were wont to do
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Tophe

"Yesterday" has been published the nice drawing art of a (Mitsubishi) Twin-Raiden:
https://www.deviantart.com/jimbowyrick1/art/Ve-Mi-J33-33-Twin-Raiden-846254390
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Scotaidh

Quote from: Tophe on June 23, 2020, 10:25:57 PM
"Yesterday" has been published the nice drawing art of a (Mitsubishi) Twin-Raiden:
https://www.deviantart.com/jimbowyrick1/art/Ve-Mi-J33-33-Twin-Raiden-846254390

Interesting - they have the pilot in the right fuselage, when all other such twinned aircraft that I've seen have the pilot in the left side ... Mostly, I think, because in two-seat+ aircraft the captain sits on the left.  Did the Japanese do it the other way - have the captain/senior pilot sit on the left?
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

zenrat

The Japanese drive on the correct side of the road - the left - meaning their cars have the driver on the right.  Maybe that influenced the design?
If I were drawing it i'd put the pilot in the RH fuselage.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

It was once explained to me that much of the Commonwealth , and Japan, drive on the left (or RIGHT) side of the road, whereas everyone else drives on the right (or WRONG) side of the road.

However, in India, from my very limited experience, they drive all over the road and occasionally off it too.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

ericr

Quote from: Rheged on June 24, 2020, 05:42:33 AM
However, in India, from my very limited experience, they drive all over the road and occasionally off it too.

my observation too

(not to speak of the occasional elephant)

an indian colleaugue commented on my naive astonishment : "India is a free country"

NARSES2

I do have to admit that i found the best way to take a taxi journey in India was to try and go to sleep in the back and let the driver get on with it  ;)

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

it is, anyway, the karma that determines what has to happen, so you can as well relax, as it is not in your hands anymore