Whifs found on deviantART

Started by Stargazer, January 25, 2011, 08:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

<<LINK!>> for when the token expires

F-100 - Black Tulip
From the artist:
Commissioned artwork of  a "what if " , F-100 in Luftwaffe service,tribute to Hartmann's "Black Tulip" colors ! Hope you like it !
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

You mean the Luftwaffe DIDN'T fly Huns?  :o

It looks far too plausible not to be true.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 26, 2021, 09:58:36 AM

I suspect Thomas is looking through his stash, and will probably have one whipped up by the end of the week. :wacko:
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on August 26, 2021, 10:00:10 AM

I suspect Thomas is looking through his stash, and will probably have one whipped up by the end of the week. :wacko:

As slow as that? I was expecting one by Friday lunchtime!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Luftwaffe was actually supposed to get Huns, but this was vetoed by the then German chief of Luftwaffe who demanded a quantum leap rather than a step, and so Germany took the lead in the Starfighter procurement. So it's a whif very close to a possible reality.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

scooter

Quote from: Pellson on August 26, 2021, 10:45:39 AM
Luftwaffe was actually supposed to get Huns, but this was vetoed by the then German chief of Luftwaffe who demanded a quantum leap rather than a step, and so Germany took the lead in the Starfighter procurement. So it's a whif very close to a possible reality.

I wonder if he was part of Lockheed's bribery scandal.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: scooter on August 26, 2021, 10:00:10 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 26, 2021, 09:58:36 AM

Well, I have a whiffy F-100D on my project list, but not a Luftwaffe aircraft.  ;)

Pellson

Quote from: scooter on August 26, 2021, 10:52:14 AM
Quote from: Pellson on August 26, 2021, 10:45:39 AM

I wonder if he was part of Lockheed's bribery scandal.

As far as I have been able to understand, general Steinhoff was not. Rather, the politicians seem to have been involved.

zenrat

What 1/72 Hun is recommended?  I've built the ancient (older than me) Hasegawa mould.  My notes say "Exactly what you would expect from a 1965 Hasegawa mould*.  Good fit apart from wing centre section on underside."

*I take this to mean raised detail and limited cockpit.  I would build another.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Don't know how the Italeri kits compare to Hasegawa's but i have both the single seat D and twin seat F variants in my stash (to be built as PoAF whifs, what else? ;D) and they look good in the box. Seems like the major issue with that kit is the extra frame on the canopy that has to be removed to be accurate. Probably needs some PSR work all around but from the reviews i've read, nothing seems to be too bad.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Pellson

Esci or Italeri. The latter has a stupid fault in the canopy, but otherwise, they're very similar, and very nice. Loads better than the Hasegawa one.

scooter

<<LINK!>> for when the token expires

RW 1:1 build crossposted in Cars/Trucks and other vehicles
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx