Whifs found on deviantART

Started by Stargazer, January 25, 2011, 08:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

>>LINK!<< for when the token expires.

From the artist's description:
QuoteCommissioned artwork ,A "What IF "scene ....colors based of the Dokuritsu 83rd chutai Reconnaissance unit for the Arado Ar 234 ,the idea behind the scene is to cover an Allies Invation and report back details about the attack ! Hope you like it !
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Flyer

I remember seeing one or two on the forum before, was it this one though? It doesn't matter to me as I love GeeBee's! :wub:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Tophe

Quote from: Flyer on July 12, 2022, 02:30:09 AM
Twinned F-15
https://www.deviantart.com/bispro/art/Boeing-M-735-Twin-Eagle-184199810
Thanks! ;D
The Photoshop "author" of this picture, signing Bispro now, was Stargazer2006 here but he prefers now to post elsewhere alas (last active here in 2017). :unsure: :-\
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Yes, I miss Stargazer's stuff here, he's VERY good.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

The Gee Bee R-1/2 "longtail" which used the rebuilt R-1 fuselage extended by two feet, and had an increased size conventional vertical fin and an enlarged rudder, would be a more likely basis for a fighter. The wings of the wrecked R-2 were reused.

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

NARSES2

Interesting.

By using the name Watermaker rather than Water Bomber are they suggesting that it somehow induces rainfall, perhaps by chemical means ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 23, 2022, 05:53:22 AMInteresting.

By using the name Watermaker rather than Water Bomber are they suggesting that it somehow induces rainfall, perhaps by chemical means ?

No, its a play on the Peacemaker moniker of the B-36
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

NARSES2

Cheers Scoot  :thumbsup:  I did wonder, but then thought maybe they'd taken the concept farther ? Wonder how much water it could carry ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 23, 2022, 06:17:21 AMCheers Scoot  :thumbsup:  I did wonder, but then thought maybe they'd taken the concept farther ? Wonder how much water it could carry ?

That's a really good question.  According to Wiki the bomb bay had to be modified by merging the fore and aft bays to carry the Mk17, at 25' x 5'.  A quick and dirty calculation says about 491 cubic feet of water, based on the dimensions of the Mk17
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

NARSES2

I need to go away and compare that with current in service water bombers - cheers  :thumbsup:

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 23, 2022, 06:37:37 AMI need to go away and compare that with current in service water bombers - cheers  :thumbsup:

About half that of the Martin Mars (3700 gals for the B-36, vs 7200 for the Mars), but about 8 times the amount for a FireBoss.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

NARSES2