Whifs found on deviantART

Started by Stargazer, January 25, 2011, 08:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundereagle1997

Well done on the excellent artwork my friend well done

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Flyer

Quote from: scooter on January 02, 2023, 04:32:32 PMPiasecki-Douglas Heavy Lift Helicopter

>>LINK!<< for when the token expires

I quite like that. I have a 1/72 Dakota and Chinook too...

Maybe need to find some (possibly 1/48) A-10 nacelles to use as fan cooled radial engine pods.

I think reshaping the rear fuselage would be the most tricky part...
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on January 03, 2023, 02:14:53 AM
Quote from: perttime on January 03, 2023, 12:56:43 AMAnother sharp - or pointy - one from tomzoo:
https://www.deviantart.com/tomzoo/art/XF-5X-Freedom-Fighter-943449473

You cannot view this attachment.

This is awesome.  :wub:  :thumbsup:

Sure is! :thumbsup: a lot of liberty taken with the F-5, don't you think?
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rick Lowe

Flyer, I'd start with a nice thick slab of plastic sheet and round the edges off - it's closer to a flat plate on the rear of the Chinook than anything more contoured.
FWIW

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Flyer

Quote from: Flyer on January 03, 2023, 03:46:03 AM
Quote from: scooter on January 02, 2023, 04:32:32 PMPiasecki-Douglas Heavy Lift Helicopter

>>LINK!<< for when the token expires

I quite like that. I have a 1/72 Dakota and Chinook too...

Maybe need to find some (possibly 1/48) A-10 nacelles to use as fan cooled radial engine pods.

I think reshaping the rear fuselage would be the most tricky part...

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 03, 2023, 08:39:21 PMFlyer, I'd start with a nice thick slab of plastic sheet and round the edges off - it's closer to a flat plate on the rear of the Chinook than anything more contoured.
FWIW

True, I've added all of this into my idea's note's. If the kit's survive without being sold anytime soon ( not for sale yet, but they may be soon) I may get to doing something with it. :rolleyes:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on January 04, 2023, 01:53:09 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on January 03, 2023, 05:55:50 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 03, 2023, 02:14:53 AM
Quote from: perttime on January 03, 2023, 12:56:43 AMAnother sharp - or pointy - one from tomzoo:
https://www.deviantart.com/tomzoo/art/XF-5X-Freedom-Fighter-943449473

This is awesome.  :wub:  :thumbsup:

Sure is! :thumbsup: a lot of liberty taken with the F-5, don't you think?

Yes, but in a good way.  ;)

That landing gear looks like it could handle small to medium size craters so, i'd say it has rough field take off/landing capability... ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

jcf

The Dakota Chinook is by Wyrmshadow and more images are over on BTS in his Assorted Whifs topic.

Piasecki-Douglas Heavy Lift Helicopter #1

Piasecki-Douglas Heavy Lift Helicopter #2

Piasecki-Douglas Heavy Lift Helicopter #3

Here's a group image of some of his growing collection of What-If aircraft. Individual entries on BTS.

Flyer

Nice, he's got some good stuff there :thumbsup:

Wardukw

I really like the second Stuka he came up with with the 109G engine ..it looks quite different with retractable landing gear...might have to hunt down a cheap Gustav  ;)
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Flyer

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 05, 2023, 12:37:57 AMI really like the second Stuka he came up with with the 109G engine ..it looks quite different with retractable landing gear...might have to hunt down a cheap Gustav  ;)

Looks more like the front end of a Fw-190 D-9 to me.

Wardukw

Flyer I think your on it there mate..I just downloaded the pic as I do use a phone for this net stuff..copying the pic I can enlarge it much more...yup..something in the FW D9 family for sure.
I have a D9 from Tamiya and I'm not going to destroy that as my Ju87 kits are crap  :lol:
But ya never know does ya  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Flyer

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 05, 2023, 10:06:25 AMFlyer I think your on it there mate..I just downloaded the pic as I do use a phone for this net stuff..copying the pic I can enlarge it much more...yup..something in the FW D9 family for sure.
I have a D9 from Tamiya and I'm not going to destroy that as my Ju87 kits are crap  :lol:
But ya never know does ya  :wacko:

:thumbsup:

And I could be wrong but just looking at the small side profile (also on my phone ;) ) it looks like he has used a F4U Corsair wing also.