Whifs found on deviantART

Started by Stargazer, January 25, 2011, 08:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: Flyer on January 05, 2023, 05:27:46 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 05, 2023, 10:06:25 AMFlyer I think your on it there mate..I just downloaded the pic as I do use a phone for this net stuff..copying the pic I can enlarge it much more...yup..something in the FW D9 family for sure.
I have a D9 from Tamiya and I'm not going to destroy that as my Ju87 kits are crap  :lol:
But ya never know does ya  :wacko:

:thumbsup:

And I could be wrong but just looking at the small side profile (also on my phone ;) ) it looks like he has used a F4U Corsair wing also.
Yeah it's got the rounded wing tip like F4U but I only just got a new Tamiya F4U so there's no way I'm parting that out  :lol:
I'd probably mod the 87s wing as it's cranked also and I can keep it more German and I'll save my F4U  :thumbsup:   ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wyrmshadow

Quote from: Flyer on January 03, 2023, 03:46:03 AM
Quote from: scooter on January 02, 2023, 04:32:32 PMPiasecki-Douglas Heavy Lift Helicopter

>>LINK!<< for when the token expires

I quite like that. I have a 1/72 Dakota and Chinook too...

Maybe need to find some (possibly 1/48) A-10 nacelles to use as fan cooled radial engine pods.

I think reshaping the rear fuselage would be the most tricky part...

no, Those are still the DC-3 engine pods.
Likes to re-invent the wheel
http://1wyrmshadow1.deviantart.com/

Flyer

Quote from: Wyrmshadow on January 19, 2023, 03:25:54 PM
Quote from: Flyer on January 03, 2023, 03:46:03 AM
Quote from: scooter on January 02, 2023, 04:32:32 PMPiasecki-Douglas Heavy Lift Helicopter

>>LINK!<< for when the token expires

I quite like that. I have a 1/72 Dakota and Chinook too...

Maybe need to find some (possibly 1/48) A-10 nacelles to use as fan cooled radial engine pods.

I think reshaping the rear fuselage would be the most tricky part...

no, Those are still the DC-3 engine pods.

Fair enough, but I think I was misunderstood. If I were to build a similar design to this I would use A-10 nacelles just for personal taste, I wouldn't be copying the design 100% as I would be borrowing the concept only and building my own version of it. The whole thing is moot anyway as although I like it I don't actually think I will ever get to building it...
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Didn't the Marines cobble something like that together & fly it out of Henderson Field during the early days of the Guadalcanal campaign? :unsure:  ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Would make a cool build ..easy really and would need to be super pretty cause that isn't.
I've got a P40 and the only available Wildcat model I know off here is Tamiyas one..it's kinda pricey for a little plane..fact it's more expensive than the F4U Corsair is got a while back.
Still tho  :wacko:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Flyer

With those humps on it's back put it in RAF markings and call it a Camel II

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

Old Wombat

It appears to have the measles! :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Flyer

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 26, 2023, 06:15:23 AMIt appears to have the measles! :blink:

Calling in sick so it doesn't have to suffer the same fate as the Fairey Battle...

scooter

Quote from: Flyer on January 26, 2023, 07:07:30 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on January 26, 2023, 06:15:23 AMIt appears to have the measles! :blink:

Calling in sick so it doesn't have to suffer the same fate as the Fairey Battle...
:rolleyes:  ;D  ;D  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 25, 2023, 09:54:46 AMWould make a cool build ..easy really and would need to be super pretty cause that isn't.
I've got a P40 and the only available Wildcat model I know off here is Tamiyas one..it's kinda pricey for a little plane..fact it's more expensive than the F4U Corsair is got a while back.

Phill, there are 3-4 variants of Wildcat in 1/48 from Trumpeter, too. 

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 26, 2023, 09:20:07 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 25, 2023, 09:54:46 AMWould make a cool build ..easy really and would need to be super pretty cause that isn't.

Phill, there are 3-4 variants of Wildcat in 1/48 from Trumpeter, too.
Dude I did not know that ..hmmm this might worth a prev now matey ..Hobbycity and trademe might be needed to be looked at or a general search.
But need coffee first  ;D

Rick Lowe

Coffee First is my Default...  ;)  :thumbsup:

Glad I could help you spend your money...  ;D