Superduper Hornet

Started by Gary, May 22, 2004, 08:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

QuoteAre we discussing the Hornet variant or the Ascender variant.  The centerline intersection of the two leading edges is one I'd like to see the flow fields for.  As for the Ascender variant, I think I'd like to see the canard carried across there, it wouldn't hurt.
All right, of course, but internal foreplane was not 'new' for Twin-Assenders, that is why I was very interested by the Twin-F-18 bringing something new. Maybe my mind is a little mixed - blame the medicines... :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Aircav

Just love your drawings Tophe.
Steve
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Swamphen

Oh...it's a formation of three Zwilling Ascenders and a flying box!  B)

Seriously - nice work Tophe! :cheers:  

Swamphen

Another version of IMWFO's Superduperhornet:

(humming Pink Panther theme...)

nev

Thinking about it, I'd prefer just the single forward fuselage, but keep the cranked delta wing & the canards.  Maybe move the engine intakes to above the fuselage for stealth purposes.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

QuoteThinking about it, I'd prefer just the single forward fuselage, but keep the cranked delta wing & the canards.  Maybe move the engine intakes to above the fuselage for stealth purposes.
Without twinning, this canard delta F-18 is already well known, remember another topic :

Tophe

Another try... 66Kb should not be too much...

Tophe

And let us remember dear Alvis, the best of us maybe...

Tophe

Quoteand a flying box!
It is a one metter cube for scale...

Aircav

And I thought it was a Borg cube  ;)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Swamphen

from the What-If Collective?  :lol:

Love those Alvis Hornets...espically the one in the lower right.  :wub:

lancer

Quotefrom the What-If Collective?  :lol:

Love those Alvis Hornets...espically the one in the lower right.  :wub:
So as well as spreading the lunacy, we've gone into the assimilating business as well eh??? I can see the banner at the next show.....

'Resistance is futile; your uniquenessx will be added to the What If Collective *Add evil Mairfrog like laugh here*

Hmmmm, could be interesting.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Gary

Taking into account some of the ideas I've moved the engines closer together, but kept it three engined. The space between the engines is intended for use as bomb bays. I've enlarged the cockpit area overall, and lengthened the cockpit to accomidate three under glass. The intakes would need to be enlarged to accomidate the middle engine.

Getting back into modeling

Captain Canada

I really wanted to do a VSTOL Hornet for that ARC group build.....I managed to wrangle a Monogram Av-8B from a freinds kid ( already built ) But the 10 dollar Hornets from Wal-Mart were all sold out !

Argh....someday I'll build one !

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Swamphen

I'd say the latest version would be more likely to make it into production...but it ain't as radicool as the Megahornet.  ^_^  :ar: