RAF B-1 Lancer GR3-B

Started by spike7451, January 29, 2011, 04:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albeback

:cheers:

Nice! ;D

I'm lucky enough to have the Revell 1/48 B1-B in my stash and, it is SERIOUSLY big!! I actually bought it almost 8 years ago!! Get it built one of these days! Storage/display might be a problem!  Anyway - keep up the good work!
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Army of One

Certainly an interesting load out........ :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Silverfox

I adore the B-1, so I'm loving this build completely!

I have dreams of a 1/48 B-1, but I'd have nowhere to put it at all in my current residence at all - so it's one to shelve for the future. Given how big the 1/72 is, that might be out of the question for now too!

Love what you're doing, and I'll be paying a lot of attention to this, as it looks and sounds great so far.

Weaver

Like where this is going. :thumbsup:

Couple of constructive suggestions re the back story (bear in mind I can feck off as well as anyone though.... :rolleyes:)

1. Perhaps the "fighter mafia" in the USAF successfully resisted the move to make the F-16 heavier and multi-role, so in this 1983 they're still all lightweight, sparsely equipped A/B models. The USAF then buys into the Eurofighter as an alternative way to get a medium-weight "swing fighter". Alternatively, instead of buying into the Eurofighter, why not have them buy into Tornado instead of developing the F-15E?

2. Perhaps the "GR" designation was political, being adopted instead of "B" to avoid giving the impression that the RAF was back in the strategic (i.e. nuclear) business and thereby putting the RN's nose out of joint and alarming the Soviets. The ".3" could be because two extra 2nd hand airframes were delivered first in order to start training, with one of them having no RAF mods and the other only partial RAF mods. Thus they became the only examples of the "Lancer T.1" and "Lancer T.2" since they are only used for currency training to spread the airframe hours out, not for operational missions.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

spike7451

Quote from: Weaver on February 07, 2011, 04:23:11 AM
Like where this is going. :thumbsup:

Couple of constructive suggestions re the back story (bear in mind I can feck off as well as anyone though.... :rolleyes:)

1. Perhaps the "fighter mafia" in the USAF successfully resisted the move to make the F-16 heavier and multi-role, so in this 1983 they're still all lightweight, sparsely equipped A/B models. The USAF then buys into the Eurofighter as an alternative way to get a medium-weight "swing fighter". Alternatively, instead of buying into the Eurofighter, why not have them buy into Tornado instead of developing the F-15E?

2. Perhaps the "GR" designation was political, being adopted instead of "B" to avoid giving the impression that the RAF was back in the strategic (i.e. nuclear) business and thereby putting the RN's nose out of joint and alarming the Soviets. The ".3" could be because two extra 2nd hand airframes were delivered first in order to start training, with one of them having no RAF mods and the other only partial RAF mods. Thus they became the only examples of the "Lancer T.1" and "Lancer T.2" since they are only used for currency training to spread the airframe hours out, not for operational missions.

Interesting & added to the script,anyway,slight disaster!!

I painted it the other night & left it to dry,got up the next day to find the paint had dried covered in dust & cat hairs (DAISY CAT!!!!! :o) so it's currently in the kitchen coated in brake fluid to strip it back down to the plastic so I can start again!....

Army of One

Oh noooooooo!!!!!! Damn the feline....!!! My other half has two moggies n they get in the way.....although I make sure they live in the conservatory.....!!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!