The Whiffies Nominations end tonight, Have you voted?

Started by philp, February 01, 2011, 08:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/board,72.0.html

There are 17 polls posted (they roll over to the 2nd page).  You may pick 5 nominees for each category. The polls will run for about 2 weeks and then the top 5 from each will go up as the Voting polls.  These will run about another 2 weeks.

The Whiffies are scheduled for February 27th which once again is the Oscar's night.

There were 3 categories that did not have enough nominees to carry through this year.  The two most improved categories had no nominees at all and the Most Helpful only had a couple.  These categories will probably not be set for the 2011 Whiffies.

So, please go nominate your favorites.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

Ah, Nuts. :banghead:

Just realized I missed the Scratchbuilt category in the Nomination threads.  Will have to wait until I get home today to get that posted.

That will make 18 categories.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

Ok, added the Scratchbuilt category so go vote.

Also noticed I missed Stargazer from the Imager poll  :banghead: so he has been added.  If anyone who already voted there wants to change their vote, the polls are set up so you can.

Also fixed links for several threads but if you see anything odd, let me know.

Thanks to all.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

beowulf

looks like you have been busy...lot of hard work there.....thanks

btw,......are we going to get those snazzy 'i voted in the whiffies' badges to put in sigs again?  :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

philp

I have permission for use of the banners again and have sent a note to Logan to see if he wants to update last years or make something new.  He hasn't been on for a while so may have to find someone else this year.

But, we don't need the banner for at least a week and a half.  That is when the Voting polls will be posted based on how the Nomination polls run.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

Just a quick info on the nominations so far.

The Jet category remains popular with 25 people placing nominations to date.
Armor is next with 24.
Camoflage and Auto are at the bottom with only 14 nominators so far.

This is one aspect that always has interested me, the variation in voting numbers across the categories.  Usually the voting shows which topics are more popular but not always.

Oh, and remember there are categories on the 2nd page so don't forget to look at them and nominate.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

proditor

Awe inspiring job Philip!  And in recognition, I made sure to vote in every category!  :thumbsup:

Cliffy B

Awesome job there Philip!  I happened to be on right as you were posting and voted in all of them.  Man, it was hard picking only five in each category.  Its going to be interesting to see who pulls off the wins this year.  Great jobs all around gents  :cheers:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

philp

Thanks guys and thanks for nominating in all of them  :thumbsup:

Going to be even more fun when we only have 5 to choose from and you only get to vote for 1.

Some of the races are pretty tight and others already have some very popular entries.  Looks like it is shaping up to be a good one.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

Looks like some of you were busy over the weekend adding your votes, thank-you.

Jet has now been joined by prop with 36 voters in each.  Armor, Kitbash and Scratchbuilt each have 32 voters.

Auto and Camoflage are still on the bottom with only 23 voters.  Sci-Fi and Figures are next with 24 voters each.

Most categories had 8-10 people vote over the weekend while Prop and Scratchbuilt each had 16.

Have decided to close the Nomination Polls this Saturday, the 12th. 
If I can convert the polls, the final voting will start right away.  if I have to redo the polls, probably won't be ready until Sunday (MST).
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

AXU

It amazes me the small number of votes...and so many members  :o

GTX

Well, I think I have now voted in every category - that was hard (did over a couple of days).

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Weaver

Done some of them, but it takes AGES 'cos I have a bad memory and have to go through every link.

I thought the polls were going on to the 16th?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

James

Great job Philip organising all that.

Quote from: Weaver on February 10, 2011, 03:30:18 AM
Done some of them, but it takes AGES 'cos I have a bad memory and have to go through every link.

Same here. Will do some at a time.

philp

I will be closing down the nomination polls tonight and setting up the final votes.  Almost all the races are pretty tight so will be interesting to see who makes the final cut and moves on for a chance at a Whiffie.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies