Long range Anti-Submarine Coastal Command patrol aircraft

Started by Bungle, February 02, 2011, 05:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Tail boom done and blended in, tail planes added.

'Conning tower' added to the top of the fudelage and sonabouys also added. Holes on the top fuselage are for the gun turrets.

One small problem the front under carriage won't take the weight ! made the mistake of resting the fuselage on the open bomb bay doors. One buckled and snapped and the weight of the model bent the (flimsy) wheel bogey. Have drilled it out and am adding a wire insert.

Anyone have any ideas how best to reinforce undercarriage ?
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Bungle

Well I've had time to give the beast a lick of paint.... DSG over RAF Sky.

And for those who may have spotted somethings missing ... the great carpet monster leapt up when I wasn't looking and snatch the tail boom off. After a valiant struggle I managed to wrench it from its jaws and will hopefully reattach it later.

And finally.... yes that is a dirty thumb print on the tail-plane. Didn't listen to mother and didn't wash my hands after coming in from playtime. We all have to learn.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Thiel

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

buzzbomb

rickshaw

You know, if it had a flight refuelling probe, you could call it the Norwhal...

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

Quote from: rickshaw on March 24, 2011, 02:32:28 AM
You know, if it had a flight refuelling probe, you could call it the Norwhal...

Or a MAD boom projecting forward, rather than the usual stern-mounted unit.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Bungle

Or a MAD boom projecting forward, rather than the usual stern-mounted unit.

Now you tell me ! I've only just stuck the damn thing on the butt end of it  :banghead:

And Mr Rickshaw.... have you been spying on me ????  Stuck a refuelling probe on the front last night!

Tuck

"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

dumaniac

Love the concept and the work.  I have been toying with a 48 scale He343 for a while and your images has helped clarify some issues.  Really nice going

cheers

Bernie

Bungle

Not a lot of work this week  but have added some hardware and tarted up the paintwork.

Supermarine Narwhale ?

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.