Polish captured Do-335 1:48

Started by wacek85, February 02, 2011, 12:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: wacek85 on June 02, 2011, 04:23:53 AM
To be honest , I don't know exact english term but I don't think so. The words "checker" or "chequered" or simply "check" are more possible.

What do you call it in Polish please? We can always try and pronounce it properly, and you'll laugh like crazy no doubt :)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

wacek85

As you wish :) Polish term is: "szachownica". It's used not only to define the sign of Polish Air Force but also "szachownica" is the place to play chess. "Chessboard" in english

PR19_Kit

That's great, thanks. All I have to do now is to pronounce it, and then you can laugh.  ;D

'Chessboard' makes a lot of sense for sure.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pablo1965

wacek85

Hello!

So...I'm not able to finish my Do-335 til' midnight :( I've only managed to paint it plue on the bottom. Tommorow I'll get masks to paint squadron emblems and I can't do anything to make it faster...So I think I blew it :(

Taiidantomcat

Missing a deadline is unfortunate but you only "blow it" if you don't finish the model  :thumbsup: Hang with it so we can see the finished product because its going to be sweet deadline or not   :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

wacek85

Hello!

Well...it was a long time since last update. I painted underside and wheel well doors. I'm happy that my Dornier stands on wheels without tail-sitting   ;D

Pablo1965

plausible colors and well done  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tonton42

Hello ! (Sorry, I'm French ...)

I like it ! Is it now finished ? It seems a very beautiful job and I will enjoy to see the end  :wub:!

@+++ (= Amitiés :cheers:)

Tonton
"Aussi longtemps que respireras
Au sérieux point ne te prendras"
(Roger Semet)

As long as will breathe
Seriously will not take you