Polish captured Do-335 1:48

Started by wacek85, February 02, 2011, 12:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

As I said , I join the fun :)

Polish Do-335 nicknamed "Kania" (Kite in english-kind of bird of prey) was captured in April 1946 ,six months before the end of war. It was repainted,generally overhauled and rearmed (four wing m-g's instead of two cannons). It was included into Polish Air Forces and served as a wing commander plane. After minor upgrades it was capable to achieve 800 km/h.

I'll use this set:

I began to rescribe raised panel lines:

I also glued together halves of flaps and wheels:

More progress soon  :wacko:

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Cliffy B

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on February 03, 2011, 07:52:56 AM
Nice work on the panel lines!  :thumbsup:

Ditto!  What did you use for the scribing?
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

wacek85

Quote from: Cliffy B on February 03, 2011, 11:41:51 AM
Quote from: Taiidantomcat on February 03, 2011, 07:52:56 AM
Nice work on the panel lines!  :thumbsup:

Ditto!  What did you use for the scribing?

I'm using this handy piece of metal :)

This scriber is widely used by metal-workers. I'm sure that it is available in almost every store with building materials.

Anyway...I rescribed wings and glued them together:

wacek85

Hi!

Because of no time today I've managed only to do a profile of captured Do-335

Cliffy B

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

wacek85

Hello!

There was a long time after last update...but I'm back with...almost finished cockpit...

...new transparent wing lights...

...tail light and...

...gun barrels...

Now I have dilemma...to close engine compartments or to left cowlings opened ??

Taiidantomcat

Great progress!!  :thumbsup: You are making this simple kit into a knock out  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

wacek85

Hello!

After long delay (you know , it's summer so my Giant FX2 bike is very busy :) ) I'm coming back to finish this project before deadline. Today on the "to do ASAP" list : engines. Now all they need is some wash and drybrushind to blend some too contrasting colors.

PACOPEPE

Fantastic work!. Are you going to choose the scheme of the profile you´ve put before?.

Regards
Fran

dumaniac

Good steady work - love the rear engine colour - nice going. Looking forward to the big Polish emblems.  Bernie

PR19_Kit

Quote from: dumaniac on June 01, 2011, 06:38:26 PM
Good steady work - love the rear engine colour - nice going. Looking forward to the big Polish emblems.  Bernie

Now there's a thought, is a Polish red-white square called a 'squaral'?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

wacek85

Quote from: PACOPEPE on June 01, 2011, 02:10:11 PM
Fantastic work!. Are you going to choose the scheme of the profile you´ve put before?.

Of course I'll choose :) That's why I made this profile :)

Good steady work - love the rear engine colour - nice going. Looking forward to the big Polish emblems.  Bernie

Thank you :)

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 02, 2011, 03:17:43 AM
Good steady work - love the rear engine colour - nice going. Looking forward to the big Polish emblems.  Bernie
Now there's a thought, is a Polish red-white square called a 'squaral'?  ;D

To be honest , I don't know exact english term but I don't think so. The words "checker" or "chequered" or simply "check" are more possible.

IanH

Excelent work Wacek - It's good to see some of the older kits get the recognition they deserve.

dumaniac

Yes - I have a couple of Monogram 335 kits - scheduled for variants, such as the twin jet and mixed power plant versions.  I can see a rescribing or two in the wind.  Looking forward to the red and white checks - big red and white checks.  cheers  Bernie