BAe Jaguar R2

Started by JayBee, February 03, 2011, 09:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

anthonyp

(Must think RUSSIAN)

That is TOTALLY bat-spit insane!!!  I love the aft firing ASRAAMs.  I might need to explore this further and add the same angle as the forward tail fin to the rear so that it's more stable in the aft firing mode.  I love this.   :wub: :wub: :wub:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EDIT:  Now that I think about it, I might need to look at doing a Jag up with one forward firing, and one aft firing one with the modified fins, and a nozzle fairing for aerodynamics.  I still love this.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

PYF42

Hello
I really like your Jaguar .  :thumbsup:
But the pilot " don't cultivate a spirit of aggressivity"  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards
Fred

JayBee

AnthonyP, yes I did think about that but I was pushed for time:)

Alun they are NOT Magics. See the post later to-day for an explanation.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

JayBee

The BAe Jaguar was a dedicated reconnaissance version of the well known strike aircraft, known by BAE as the Jaguar FR-51(G). It was produced for the German Luftwaffe who wanted a reconnaissance machine that would have some strike capability, a sophisticated self defence system, and good short/rough field performance. They knew it as the Jaguar R1. Later versions, and this model represents one of those, were designated Jaguar R2.
Their speciality was long range, deep penetration missions at ultra low level.
The R2 version came about as a mid-life upgrade to the entire R1 fleet.
The principle changes being an improved self defence capability, the fitting of over-wing and pylon missile rails (the latter coming from the Luftwaffe's Tornado fleet), and the variable incidence wing to improve short/rough field performance.
Armament comprised the standard two canon fit and the four missile rails, the pylon mounted ones firing forward, and the over-wing ones capable of either forward or rearward firing. They were also capable of taking any IR guided missiles. The favoured fit was on the over-wing pylons AIM-132 ASRAAM(RF), and on the pylon rails Rheinmetal AIM-137 (a licence built R-73/AA-11 Archer). Having "inherited" a number of these missiles with the Mig-29's when East and West Germany re-unified, and after subsequent testing showed that they were by far the best short range missile around, a licence agreement was quickly arranged.

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

.....and now after much diligent searching in the Bundesarkive, photos have been found of the subject aircraft in it's R1 incarnation prior to the mid-life upgrade.

:rolleyes:

Cats are not real. 

Hobbes

Is the elevated wing part of the kit/real-life Jaguar or your own addition?

JayBee

The variable incidence wing was real in the Chance Vought F-8 Crusader, and it was just the way the kit parts were designed that gave me the idea of doing the same with the recon Jaguar. It would not work with the Hasegawa kit.
What I have now is one fuselage and two swapable wings.

Jim

Cats are not real. 

PR19_Kit

That sir, is the work of genius! It's so VERY rare to see a VI wing on anything but an F-8, and your Jag it looks great and works a treat.  :cheers: :thumbsup:

And if ever an aircraft deserved a nickname, that one should be called an 'Aardvark'. Far more deserving than an F-111!

[And yes, it's the same in German AFAIK]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I still reckon the second wing was part of a secret stealth project, but they ran out of money after they'd "stealthyfied" the fusalage. That's what I told some punter at the Northern show anyway  ;D He called me a "cockney (very naughty word)" and then we had a good laugh and I told him the truth...I think  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Splendid job - well done!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Pablo1965

Glenn Gilbertson

Beautiful madness. I like it! :thumbsup:

McColm