Cartel mobile S.A.M.Sytem.

Started by chrisonord, February 03, 2011, 12:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Based on a modified T-62 chassis, the missile system is a mixture of Russian and Middle eastern designed equipment, all of which has been "skilfully" crafted together and stuck onto a scrap T-62 chassis. The vehicle does not have to travel far fortunately as it is used to defend a Cartel airstrip close to the Honduras border. The missile system is controlled via a command truck and a trailer mounted radar towed behind the truck.

Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Cliffy B

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Weaver

Looks great - what did you make it from? :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on February 04, 2011, 03:06:08 PM
Looks great - what did you make it from? :thumbsup:
There is a bit of all sorts in there H, the chassis is an ESCI  T-62 brought back from the bone yard, the platform consists of stuff from an Airfix 1/72nd scale Schnellboot AA gun platform , a 1/35th scale Tamiya King Tiger tank gun , 3 water shields from 1/72nd scale AMMTRAK's some plastic girders and some rubber piping as well as some other stuff from the bits box. Just wish I had some more of those bits so I can make a few more.
The missiles are the ones fitted to SU-15's, with plastic tube added for the booster section.
Chris.

Weaver

Ahhh right - missiles are AA-3 Anabs.

Did you have the Airfix Vosper MTB at some stage, because I now think I recognise those launch rails (which have been bugging me) as the bases of it's torpedo tubes?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on February 04, 2011, 05:43:41 PM
Ahhh right - missiles are AA-3 Anabs.

Did you have the Airfix Vosper MTB at some stage, because I now think I recognise those launch rails (which have been bugging me) as the bases of it's torpedo tubes?
Yes,
I had a few of them at one time, all of which are no more, so I cut the torpedo tubes off and used the framework from them.
I forgot all about those  :lol: I should have a good look and see what I have to make some more of these, as the Cartel only have 4 Self Propelled SAM launchers and one static one.
Cheers,
Chris.