Why the long face?? Honduras Army/CIA surveilance aircraft.

Started by chrisonord, February 03, 2011, 12:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Built to a budget airframe wise and looking way too ugly to be allowed out in daylight, the Anteater as it is known by its crew was, designed to be very quiet, give of virtually no heat signature, and be able to stay airborne for long periods of time. The turbo prop engine has been heat and sound proofed as have its exhausts. This is what makes the aircraft so "Long in the Face". Its job is to scan the ground with its belly mounted sensor pod, for heat signatures below the surface, ground disturbances and it also has the capability to scan the ground for vehicles passing through a certain area. I am not 100% with this build and have been so tempted to chuck it in the bin, the base model is the 2 seater Skyraider, with a 15mm fuselage plug, anda very large turbo prop nose. I kept the pylons as it will carry additional external fuel tanks for extended range, and it carries ECM and chaff/flare pods for self defence.

This has got to be my ugliest build by far, and I will try not to do it again  :rolleyes:
Chris.   
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Cliffy B

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

It's so ugly it's cool ! Like a modern-day monoplane version of the Blackburn Blackburn that Chris posted in the profile bank.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

chrisonord

Thanks for that picture Greg, I am liking that :thumbsup: if I knew that existed I would have based mine more on that one, as I am sure there won't be a kit of that thing. When my model grows up it wants to be a Grob Egret. ;D
Chris.

rickshaw

Quote from: GTX on February 03, 2011, 09:04:27 PM
Looks like a Grob Egret:

Used to work for the University in Adelaide which operated the only two seater Egret.  Never saw it but I knew they had it, particularly after it was wrecked.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

pyro-manic

Talk about battered with the ugly stick! :blink: Certainly a unique machine though. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

thedarkmaster

Can't wait for the paint job on this one ......looks so differant
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Weaver

I don't think I'll be shocking you rigid by saying that's Fuggy Nugly - so do it.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Quote from: thedarkmaster on February 07, 2011, 12:26:26 PM

Can't wait for the paint job on this one ......looks so differant
Sorry Tim.
But that is the paint job ;D
Chris

Stargazer

Your EgrettRaider looks kinda ugly, but in a nice way! So take heart, it's worth taking it all the way to completion. You'll be glad you did!