Air Superiority Scooter

Started by Eddie M., February 03, 2011, 04:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!  Say, how did you manage the panel details?  What kind of wash did you use?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Thank you ;D I actually took my time and laid the paint down in several thin coats (along with the gloss coat) to save the surface detail. Either that or those are very deep panel lines. My wash is the acrylic paint, water, dish soap mix. If I screw it up, all it takes is a damp rag to wipe it off and start again. :)
Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Eddie M. on February 13, 2011, 10:48:41 AM
Quote from: Taiidantomcat on February 12, 2011, 09:47:01 AM
I like the three tone! Hand painted?

Rattle cans with yellow tacky putty stuff rolled to create the soft demarcation.

Here's the colors it will be wearing. This will give Tomcat fans a mild heart attack.....

No, My hearts all aflutter  :wub:

Nice work with the rattle can finish :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Captain Canada

She's looking a beauty so far, Eddie ! Scooters rule !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

Thank you very much Gentlemen!!

I'm using a tip from an old issue of FSM to do a bit of weathering. 0000 steel wool used around access panels give the look of anti corrosion work and spot cleaning so common out at sea. The effect is subtle and hard to photograph, but here it is. The tip is from the Darren Roberts' article on weathering a Tomcat.

Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

I bet that looks great up close. I can just barely make it out in the photos! Neat trick  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

chrisonord

Looking really nice Eddie, what missiles is she going to be flaunting??
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

sotoolslinger

She's a beauty Eddie :wub: You're bringing her this weekend ,right? ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

pyro-manic

Quote from: chrisonord on February 17, 2011, 04:41:55 AM
Looking really nice Eddie, what missiles is she going to be flaunting??
Chris.

I'm guessing those six(!) Sidewinders! Looking great, Eddie - those hi-vis USN schemes really are excellent. :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Eddie M.

QuoteLooking really nice Eddie, what missiles is she going to be flaunting??

QuoteI'm guessing those six(!) Sidewinders! Looking great, Eddie - those hi-vis USN schemes really are excellent.

You got it right. Unfortunately, I was unable to fit the 2 Sparrows I had also planned, but it looks pretty good with what it's got. ;D

QuoteShe's a beauty Eddie  You're bringing her this weekend ,right?

Oh, yea!

The finished model will be up, hopefully, later tonight.  :cheers:
Look behind you!

chrisonord

OOPS!!
I didn't notice those sidewinders, my head is a bit foggy at the moment, as my new pain killers are very similar in function to Tramadol  :wacko:
Which is not completely a bad thing :rolleyes:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Eddie M.

Quote from: chrisonord on February 17, 2011, 04:01:33 PM
OOPS!!
I didn't notice those sidewinders, my head is a bit foggy at the moment, as my new pain killers are very similar in function to Tramadol  :wacko:
Which is not completely a bad thing :rolleyes:
Chris.

No worries. It wasn't a test. ;)

I was prescribed Tramadol once. Unfortunately, I didn't find out until after I had the grand mal seizure that Tramadol can cause seizures in certain folk. Now I've got something a bit stronger, which is a good thing for migraines. :)
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

The "Skywinder" is done w/ 1 day to spare before the show in San Antonio! The kit was a total dog, which wasn't something I was prepare for, but I did what I could to make it presentable. I definately need to do more Scooters. Maybe a twin engine next time.  ;)

Look behind you!

Scooterman

Killer Eddie! Can't wait for Saturday!  Got a F-111 for ya too.....

Eddie M.

Oh, and please try to ignore the shadow on the background. Sometimes I miss the most obvious things....
Look behind you!