Air Superiority Scooter

Started by Eddie M., February 03, 2011, 04:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

I've got a few days until the model show in San Antonio and thought I'd like to take something that fresh off the assembly line. Everything else goes to 2nd priorty. This will be a Hobby Craft 1/48 A-4E/H that I'm going to modify into a dog fighting, missile carrying nightmare for the bad guys. I'm going to treat this as if I was doing a 1 week build. I actually thought this one out before I started, so I'm expecting good results. I might call it the Skywinder.  ;D :cheers: Photos to follow
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

Captain Canada

Nice ! Name sounds pretty neat too.....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

RotorheadTX

If step one is more power, step two must be more fuel! CFT's anyone??

Eddie M.

I just wasted 4 hours of my life figuring out what every other modeler probably already knows. This models sucks and the cockpit doesn't fit right and it sucks too.... :banghead: ;) This one will now have an opaque canopy. The Scooter may be tough and it will try my patience, but I will prevail!!  ;D :cheers:
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on February 04, 2011, 08:52:02 AM
I just wasted 4 hours of my life figuring out what every other modeler probably already knows. This models sucks and the cockpit doesn't fit right and it sucks too.... :banghead: ;) This one will now have an opaque canopy. The Scooter may be tough and it will try my patience, but I will prevail!!  ;D :cheers:

Yep, definitely not a gem.  No Monogram version in the stash?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 04, 2011, 04:22:10 PM
Quote from: Eddie M. on February 04, 2011, 08:52:02 AM

Yep, definitely not a gem.  No Monogram version in the stash?

No. Now I see why the vendor at the Austin show was selling it for $5. :o ;D
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Best use for many Hobby Craft kits is as test-painting models, imho.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

This project is what I needed to clear the logjam in my head. moving forward at a brisk pace. To cover for the void left by an empty cockpit area, I've added a bit of detail to the engine nozzle and a little surprise on the nose. I'm tempted to call this the F/A-4Z Skywinder. :cheers:

The engine bits

A little something to help out with the mission under the nose.

Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Eddie M.

Quote from: RotorheadTX on February 04, 2011, 03:18:53 AM
If step one is more power, step two must be more fuel! CFT's anyone??

They have been added and the painting is nearly complete. ;D

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

I like the three tone! Hand painted?
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Eddie M.

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on February 12, 2011, 09:47:01 AM
I like the three tone! Hand painted?

Rattle cans with yellow tacky putty stuff rolled to create the soft demarcation.

Here's the colors it will be wearing. This will give Tomcat fans a mild heart attack.....

Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

I can't wait to see her in person :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland