Nuremberg 2011

Started by Green Dragon, February 03, 2011, 05:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Doc Yo on February 08, 2011, 11:11:51 AM
RS is doing the Ju 86P & Ju 86R!!!! Let  Hi-altitude hijinks ensue!

Full kit or conversion for the Italeri one?  They did conversions for both variants  in resin in the mid 90s.  I still have the R somewhere, although I wasgoing to give it BMW801TJs rather than the diesels.

Heller only did the Vampire FB.5 and the Mistral.  They NEVER did the Vampire F1.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Doc Yo

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 08, 2011, 03:13:15 PM
Quote from: Doc Yo on February 08, 2011, 11:11:51 AM
RS is doing the Ju 86P & Ju 86R!!!! Let  Hi-altitude hijinks ensue!

Full kit or conversion for the Italeri one?  They did conversions for both variants  in resin in the mid 90s.  I still have the R somewhere, although I wasgoing to give it BMW801TJs rather than the diesels.

Heller only did the Vampire FB.5 and the Mistral.  They NEVER did the Vampire F1.

looks like a full kit, though the only images are of the boxes.

http://www.primeportal.net/models/thomas_voigt5/rs_models/ 

Top two thumbnails. I knew that RS had done conversions back when, but never got  around to picking one
up.

Green Dragon

Second set of piccies from Modellversium. http://www.modellversium.de/galerie/2-ausstellungen/8755-spielwarenmesse-nuernberg-2011-teil-2-verschiedene-hersteller.html

The Dragon Cutaway Project 747's are 1/144th scale, the Colleseum is 1/350th scale. Kampfgruppe 144 has a link to them. http://kampfgruppe144.blogspot.com/2011/02/1144-boeing-747-project-cutaway-dragon.html
I'm hoping they aren't too pricey because they look pretty good in the pics and a new 747 kit is desperately needed.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Green Dragon

"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Green Dragon on February 09, 2011, 02:02:22 PM
I'm hoping they aren't too pricey because they look pretty good in the pics and a new 747 kit is desperately needed.

Desperately?

Or do you mean a new cutaway 747 is needed? AFAIK the last one of those was the Revell -200 of umpteen years ago, but the current full moulded Revell -400 is excellent IMHO.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Green Dragon

Not really in to cutaway kits but the Dragon one seems from the photos to have clear fuselage panels so masking and repaint should be possible (won't be getting one if the price rumour of $99 is right).
Thought there were problems with the Revell -400 kits engines hitting the ground at the same level as the landing gear and some detail faults. The Airfix -100 is pretty basic and it's engines are moulded solid around the rear fan bypass area, the cockpit glazing always seemed better than the old Revell -100 to me but Revell's engines are a lot better detailed. Revell's cutaway is a -200 but I've never built one of them.
Zvezda's new one is supposed to be an 800

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

jcf

Quote from: Green Dragon on February 10, 2011, 06:43:14 PM

Zvezda's new one is supposed to be an 800

Paul Harrison

No sech thang, the new aircraft is the 747-8I (International) or -8F (Freighter).

Green Dragon

Yep your right. Mixing up A380-800 and 747-8! Anyone know which -8 the Zvezda kit is, most of the orders are freighters?

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Green Dragon on February 10, 2011, 06:43:14 PM
Thought there were problems with the Revell -400 kits engines hitting the ground at the same level as the landing gear and some detail faults. The Airfix -100 is pretty basic and it's engines are moulded solid around the rear fan bypass area, the cockpit glazing always seemed better than the old Revell -100 to me but Revell's engines are a lot better detailed.

The Airfix 747 is diabolical! The prime fault being that the fin is about three times as thick as it should be, and it's very difficult to fix. The engines are, as you say, solid from the rear and are only available as the early P&W version, and it's generally crude all over. The old, and now obsolete, Revell -200 was a much crisper moulding, and was available with both P&W and GE engines.

While Revell's first attempt at the -400, available only in the Lufthansa scheme, did have some serious accuracy problems around the cockpit, nose and wing root area, they totally re-moulded the fuselage after about nine months, something I've never seen before! The current version, available in KLM, Lufthansa, BA etc. is miles better, and available with various engine types and window cofigs. I've never seen the issue of engines touching the ground before, and I've made three of them.

Any of those would be in a totally different price bracket to a 'visible' Dragon version I suspect.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Green Dragon

A few more pics by Volker Helms of IPMS Germany including the new Airfix Harrier GR.9. http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2011/Helms/index.html

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

Daryl J.

Is the Harrier based off the previous tooling or is it all new?   

Mossie

The GR.9 is a new tooling.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

What was wrong with the older GR7, visually identical to a GR9? I've got the Airfix Club version and it looks great to me.....

Regards
Kit

Maverick

Kit,

the only differences I can think of are the stores available to the GR.9 as opposed to the GR.7.  (Things like a Sniper pod and new GBUs)  Given that these are the only external differences and that the aircraft itself is a modded GR.7, it seems odd that they would release a new mould.  Why not just add the appropriate weapon sprue?

That being said, if the Airfix Club is the same kit that could be built in a couple of different ways (I think it was GR.7, AV-8B & another?), I had that particular kit and was quite disappointed with its overall quality so a new mould would, hopefully, be a step up.

Regards,

Mav

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Maverick on February 14, 2011, 05:32:07 AM
That being said, if the Airfix Club is the same kit that could be built in a couple of different ways (I think it was GR.7, AV-8B & another?), I had that particular kit and was quite disappointed with its overall quality so a new mould would, hopefully, be a step up.

Mav,

Could well be right there, I had a good look at mine and the 'GR7' has no less than FOUR different noses, only one of which is mentioned in the instructions! One at least is for a GR5, with the distinctive under nose 'blob', but I don't know the shapes of the others well enough to identify them.

It does look as if the GR7 is an earlier moulding than the SHAR 2, the latter is much crisper than the RAF one.

Regards
Kit