Main Menu

Firefly F.III

Started by kitbasher, February 04, 2011, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Nice and subtle with lots of double take factor.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

buzzbomb

like the way this finished up.

A very subtle shape change, but a lot more voom I would think

NARSES2

I like that a lot sir  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sequoiaranger

...but sweet.  :thumbsup:
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Tuck

A lovely, subtle beast....excellent!  :lol:
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

Brian da Basher

This is one slick, sweet and subtle whiff!

That's some pro-style work, kitbasher!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

That is very subtle.....what a great whif !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Missed this one the first time around.  Sabres with a chin intake usually make an aircraft uglier, but I think the shape improves over the earlier mark. Nice work!  :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Rat

Quote from: Mossie on June 26, 2014, 02:36:49 AM
Sabres with a chin intake usually make an aircraft uglier, but I think the shape improves over the earlier mark. Nice work!  :thumbsup:

Agreed, that bulge on either side gives it more character!  :thumbsup: :cheers:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kitbasher

the 1946 GB 'finished builds' thread pics are rather spoiled by the Photobucket watermark, so....
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Mossie

You need to add a later Sabre variant
with wing mounted radiators.  That'd be a very subtle whiff. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

The only snag is that it wouldn't look that different from a Firefly V.  More to the point, where would you get a late Sabre cowling as no one does one.

I still like the idea of a Centaurus one.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Mossie

Remove the intake and build up the gap with plastic card or something.  Alternatively, reshape the Griffon cowling instead.

Centaurus would be good, give a whole new look.

kitbasher

Centaurus Firefly - not strictly thought about that but have matched up the discarded Sea Fury front (plus cowling) from my Sea Fury FB.20 (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=42285.msg729274#msg729274) up against a NOVO Barracuda and a Centaurus Barracuda should be easily done.  If one is that way inclined!  by extension I imagine a centaurus Sea Fury should be straightforward.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter