My entry...Focke-Wulf Ta 283

Started by matrixone, February 06, 2011, 01:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

I would like to enter this GB, I intend to build the Huma 1/72 scale Ta 283. Before I can do much with this kit I have to finish up my current builds which are a couple of 1/32 scale Fw 190D-9's, one is 99% done and the other is ready for paint and I will start painting it Monday morning.

Matrixone

matrixone

Now that my last 1/32 scale Dora is nearly done I have started work on my entry for this GB, not much done yet but it is a start!
My model will get the ragged paint scheme, for a while I thought about a hinterhalt scheme but I prefer the ragged scheme...something very different! ;)

Matrixone

dumaniac

this one looks nice and simple - would be nice in 48 scale - does anyone make it in 48 scale?

matrixone

dumaniac,

AFAIK this is the only kit of this aircraft, maybe Trumpeter will do one of these. After all they ARE releasing a 1/48 scale Me 509 and who could have ever seen that one ever happening?

Matrixone

Gondor

Interesting I will watch with interest to see if you manage yet another masterpiece Matrixone.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Tuck

ARBA Resin does a 1/48 283.  Nice kit.
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

dumaniac

luft46models

Planet also did one IIRC in 1/48. Again not a bad kit. Check out my old site www.luft46models.com for reviews

William in Oz

frank2056

Matrixone,
I have one of these built up and sitting in its box waiting for a painting inspiration, so I'm eager to see what you come up with. It's a nice model, typical of the later Human kits. Pretty good fit & detail.

Frank

matrixone

Frank,
I have not been able to do much with my Ta 283 kit yet, my latest Dora has been taking all my attention away from other projects lately because I am in the middle of the weathering process. Its been a lot of fun throwing the mud and dirt on that Dora but its nearly done and soon I will return to the Ta 283 and crashed Bf 109. From what I can tell the Ta 283 fits together pretty well so it won't take long to get to the painting stage.

Matrixone

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: matrixone on February 23, 2011, 08:49:34 AM
it won't take long to get to the painting stage.

Matrixone

Good because I can't wait!  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

matrixone

Taiidantomcat,
I look to wrap things up on the Dora ASAP, I can only work on a model for a limited amount of time before I want to work on something else. My ''blue 12'' project seems like it has taken forever, much of the time has been spent looking at all the available photographs of it and very little time actually putting paint on the model!
With the Ta 283 the only painting guide for it is in my head! ;D

Matrixone

matrixone

Now that my blue 12 Dora is finished I have done some work on my entry for this GB, its at the bottom of this in-progress pic.

The Ta 283 is almost ready for paint, I might have to go over the seam lines again with Mr. Surfacer.

The other two models in this pic are a Revell 1/72 scale Me 110 and a 1/48 scale Hasegawa Bf 109 G-2 are not part of this GB.

Matrixone

Taiidantomcat

Looking good! excited to see the superb airbrush work as always  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

matrixone

Thanks Taiidantomcat,
Painting should start Tuesday, the seam lines need a little more work.

One bad thing about this kit is the landing gear legs are glued in already, it will not be easy trying to work around them during painting without breaking them off. There already has been a few close calls. :o

Matrixone