My entry...Focke-Wulf Ta 283

Started by matrixone, February 06, 2011, 01:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Thanks Bernie! :thumbsup:

I wanted a what-if camo scheme for this unusual looking aircraft, I have seen other models of the Ta 283 with the usual Luftwaffe camouflage before, I wanted something different.

Matrixone

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: matrixone on March 19, 2011, 09:39:54 AM
Thanks Bernie! :thumbsup:

I wanted a what-if camo scheme for this unusual looking aircraft, I have seen other models of the Ta 283 with the usual Luftwaffe camouflage before, I wanted something different.

Matrixone

Trust me, different is good!

I think you can use almost ANY scheme and make it look Luftwaffe as long as you use RLM colors. Just my opinion.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

matrixone

Thanks again Taiidantomcat!

Can't wait to see what this one will look like after the markings are on it.

Matrixone

dumaniac

The duo green is "normal" - had you thought some small irregular and infrequent patches of brown or dark purple - it would lift the colour

I can't think of the RLM colour but there is a brown purple - probably late war

cheers  Bernie

NARSES2

I like that camo it's got a "feel" about it, looks almost "sci-fi-ish". Anyway whatever it's still tremendous work  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks NARSES2!

Bernie,
There was an actual late war color RLM 81 that was known to have variations from a chocolate brown color to brownviolett, I have seen color photographs of aircraft parts that had been painted RLM 81 and over time the paint turned into a purplish looking color.
I came up with the idea for the ragged scheme from the camouflage used for a short time on production V-2 rockets, the V-2's paint scheme used four different colors. For my Ta 283 I chose only two colors for the upper surfaces since the RLM had a history of using only two upper surface colors on production wartime aircraft.

Matrixone

dumaniac

matrixone

I finished painting on the yellow tactical markings on the Ta 283, after the paint is dry I will gloss coat the model and then start adding decals.

No, the nose gear will not remain yellow! ;D

Matrixone

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Tuck

Looks kinda like marijuana leaves... :lol:

Maybe they had to smoke a bit before flying that thing eh?  ;D
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

matrixone

Tuck, you are the first one to notice the leaf pattern! :thumbsup:

The take off and landings in the Ta 283 must have been a little tense so a hit or two would have been well deserved for the pilot. ;D

Thanks again, Taiidantomcat.

Matrixone

buzzbomb

Ganga aside... pretty nice job so far

matrixone

Thanks buzzbomb!

Decals are now on, some light weathering will soon follow and then the flat clear coat
before final assembly.

Matrixone

dumaniac

its coming together very nicely

cheers Bernie

Doc Yo

Even looks a little like a fattie, not that you mention it...

I almost wish I'd gone with the gear down on mine ( still unpainted )- the fit on the gear doors isn't
perfect, and I wound up grinding off a lot of the underside detail. :banghead:

No matter-Its looking beautiful, and it makes me think the same pattern would be equally striking in
'Autumn colors'...