Main Menu

Back by popular demand!

Started by Taiidantomcat, February 10, 2011, 07:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkon

i really like the racer idea! would it have float(s) ?
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: arkon on March 14, 2011, 04:38:54 PM
i really like the racer idea! would it have float(s) ?

It wasn't until you suggested it  ;) Brilliant    :drink:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Taiidantomcat

Thanks YSI!

Just a quick update. I had to add these internal "armor plates" to fill the internal gap between the different P-38/Dinah pieces. Harder to fill and sand cockpits!! I have also changed my exhausts to do the same thing that I did with the "intake lip". the big gap between the oval nacelle and rounded engine will be covered with thin styrene and will be an "exhaust cover", which is helpful since it will be a night fighter. much eaiser to leave the gap and "make it something instead of endless filling and sanding (and still not having good exhausts!)

:cheers:

I will be back on tonight but then I will be offline for the next ten days or so. Hope to work on it still during my little hiatus. getting close to slapping all the major components together.  ;D
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.