Main Menu

SEAC Meteor F2

Started by Gondor, February 13, 2011, 10:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Drilling out the gunports might add an extra touch.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

At last a bit of colour  :wub:

I am not 100% happy with the results of my hand painting, but I do find it far easier than using an airbrush, all that cleaning  :blink:

I am wondering how to make the upper surfaces slightly faded as if the aircraft has been in the sun a lot which in the CBI theatre it would have been. Thinking of misting on some white paint though I could just play safe and say that the aircraft had just reached Squadron service from the MU in theatre.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

Looking really good   :thumbsup:

Once you get you decals on, give it a coat of satin or satin/flat clear coat, that should take the 'newness' out of it
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

JayBee

That is a seriously good build Alisdair. I am looking forward to seeing it in the flesh next weekend.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Martin H

Hmm possible contender for the what if trophy at the show me think.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Gondor

It looks great from across a table, but up close you can easily see the flaws, especially my brush work on the demarcation between upper and lower camouflage colours.  :banghead:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Martin H

I could say the same about that Ford trimoter i put in for the award two years ago. It still won as it was compleat odd ball
Unfortunately,

JayBee

Quote from: Martin H on April 16, 2011, 08:59:50 AM

Thank all the Gods :wacko:

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Martin H

we all know that you are committed to keeping said award north of the border Jim lol

That reminds me, must dig out that cross of st George for the sig stand  :wacko: Bring your pass port Jim, Im declaring the stand as English sovereign territory for the duration lol
Unfortunately,

Gondor

Quote from: JayBee on April 16, 2011, 09:15:14 AM
Quote from: Martin H on April 16, 2011, 08:59:50 AM

Thank all the Gods :wacko:

What happened to your Luftwaffe Recon Jaguar then Jim, did you finish it ?

Quote from: Martin H on April 16, 2011, 09:16:28 AM
we all know that you are committed to keeping said award north of the border Jim lol

That reminds me, must dig out that cross of st George for the sig stand  :wacko: Bring your pass port Jim, Im declaring the stand as English sovereign territory for the duration lol

Sounds as if I should claim dual nationality then, Father a Scot and my Mother English....

Gondor

Gondor

Over 3000 views of this thread now...... I am stunned by all the attention this is getting. Hope you are not disappointed with the results at the end of the build.

Gondor

JayBee

Alisdair,

the Jaguar is hurtling towards completion for next weekend, with the speed of a striking snail :rolleyes:

Cats are not real. 

NARSES2

Loving the way this is loking Alistair. As for giving it a faded paint scheme ? I normally go for the straight from the MU approach you have outlined. Infact sometimes I go for "the Queens Birthday Parade" approach  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I'm looking at a Spitfire that might be finished, but somehow I doubt it.

Although, it's nice and sunny so I may be able to get some priming done.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

A little masking...... which leads to a cross-topic of my favourite song at the moment........ Eric Clapton's Behind the Mask  ;D

Now with added white !!

Unfortunately using a rattle can was not necessarily the best idea as the paint has crazed  :banghead:

I intend to rub the affected areas down and then brush paint the white on in the hope of avoiding the crazing. It should be all white in the end  :blink:

Gondor