Main Menu

SEAC Meteor F2

Started by Gondor, February 13, 2011, 10:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

The problem with the paint was resolved by removing the paint back down to the plastic and then respraying. It was the Citadel paint reacting with the Xtracolor paint that was the problem.

There is some touching up to so where the paint leaked under the edges of the masking tape, no where near as bad as I thought it may be, slight correction to be done with the identification band on the fin where I was not able to mask exactly here I wanted to but on the whole I am fairly pleased with the result so far.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

The Wooksta!

Don't forget to bring the dead Meteor engines on saturday!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

I have put almost all the markings onto the model, not many so not much time was taken up with them.

I have also decided that the aircraft would be finished in a type "S" finish so I will save some time by not having to tone down the model when I finish her.

Gondor

oh and Martin, you forget that there is another kit which I could enter into the competition at Perth, and you are looking after it!

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

I'll bring my two SEAC Meteors to go with it on the table - standard F.III in a similar scheme and a PR.III in overall PRU Blue.

When I dug them out the other day, I discovered an FR.III in warime camo - I'd forgotten I'd done it!  I was going to do one sometime this year but now I don't have to bother.  In any case, I'd have to put it on hold amidst the Spitfire summer.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Martin H

Quote from: Gondor on April 19, 2011, 02:43:45 PM
oh and Martin, you forget that there is another kit which I could enter into the competition at Perth, and you are looking after it!

Ohhh you mean the one I left behind before heading north of the border?

only kidding
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

She's really coming together well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

And the stenciling?  I know you can't use the wing walk lines but the fuel filler caps and the trestle bits do add something.

And some kill markings!  Needs kill markings!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Its after midnight the night before the Perth show and there is still a couple of things to do to the kit  :banghead: :banghead:

Here though is the aircraft on its back, the starboard undercarriage having previously decided not  to cooperate an buckled rather than staying straight and vertical.

So the undercarriage leg will be super-glued first thing then the gloss coat for all the decals requires application though as it will be Future that I will use it will be dry in time to pack and travel to the show. So defiantly more pictures to follow, this time the right way up  :blink:

Gondor

Gondor

Last picture of the build. And the completion of my first ever Group Build  :thumbsup:

So that's her finished just in time to head up to Perth for the Scottish Nationals  :drink:

Only a few problems I found during the final assembly other than a wonky knee so she leans to one side a little. That same side I must have positioned the engine a little too close to the undercarriage bay as I can not fit the main undercarriage door between the engine and bay  :banghead: but considering I built and fitted the engines by eye it's not to bad  :wub:

Gondor

kitnut617

Lovely job Alistair,  I'll have to do an especially good job with mine to get it anywhere near as good as that ---  :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Doc Yo

Splendid finish to a great concept! I think you did a fine job with the alignment of nacelles.

matrixone

Very nice! All the hard work was worth it. ;)

Matrixone

Weaver

That's a great job:it really looks the part. Well done! :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Martin H

said beast is now in my custody. It will be doing the rounds of the UK shows for the rest of the year :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.