Main Menu

SEAC Meteor F2

Started by Gondor, February 13, 2011, 10:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

The filler hasn't dried properly yet, found it was starting to move around as I was trying to sand it  :blink: not good I thought. The upper wings have been added to the outer panels and I start to rebuild the upper surfaces later today when I will post some more progress pictures on the wings seeing as there is nothing happening with the engines   :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

The Wooksta!

Tends to happen if you use a large amount of one of the tube fillers.  The outer surface will cure to a crust and that stops the inner curing, slowing in down at best.  It's happened to me on numerous projects.  Best to leave it for at least 24 hours.

Others would recommend using milliput but I wouldn't.  I find it horrible to mix and then it takes sooooooooooo loooooooooong to cure.  Although it's a small area, I'd go with P38 car body filler.  Easy to mix and cures quickly.  Get it right and you can cut it like cheese whilst it's curing.  Sands to a glass like finish.  Downside is that it stinks.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

While the filler is curing I have managed to get a little work done on the wings.

and from the underside....

you may notice a very odd looking circular area on the underside of the left wing, which is to the right in the above photograph, this is the landing light which was horrible in the kit and replaced by a scavanged circular plastic window or something from the scrap box. I have stuck silver paper behind the "light" which because it is not ment for the job is fitted to stand proud of the surface so I can sand and polish it to shape.

More later during the week ........ I hope :thumbsup:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

trekaddict

Off-site I am writing an Alt-Hist where the Meteor reaches the Far East just in time for the British liberation of Hong Kong and Formosa... Wierd how great minds think alike...

lancer

I built a SEAC Meteor for the Op downfall display at last years SMW. If you like I can post it for comparison.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

The Wooksta!

I've a SEAC Meteor that I've had kicking about for years (actually there's another one somewhere minus it's u/c), plus a Sea Meteor with another pair of each on the way. 

Do I win £5?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Mossie

No, but you can have a biscuit. ;D
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Make them Jaffa cakes!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Mossie

Sorry, already licked the orangey bits off! :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gondor

I don't think there will be much progress untill the weekend though I am hopeing to get some PSR done on the engines.

Gondor

Gondor

Managed to do some PSR on the engines. Second lot of filler has now been applied. Does anyone else find that if they are right handed that the left side of what they are sanding during PSR ends up with a slightly different profile?

Gondor

Gondor

Nothing done today !!!!

Been to the pub to help me relax so I am slightly fuzzy around the edges and not capable of holding any plastic coherently.

Gondor

Gondor

Unfortunately not much done this weekend either. I am managing to get some PSR done on the engines though, the PSR doesn't appear to end though. The cockpit tub had the wheel recess drilled out due to a bubble of resin inside it and the seat/rear panel has been glued to the rest of the tub. The kits wheel well has been cut out which doesn't show in the following picture.

More PRS will be done this evening and a basic coat of paint applied to the cockpit as well.

Gondor

Gondor

Finally beat the engine pods into shape.... well sanded them into shape. Just got to work on the wing trailing edges and the upper surface before I add the engines to the wings and blend the two together. Cockpit had it's first coat of paint today as well so plenty more work to still be done there including building the rear part of the cockpit area to go under the rear canopy.
Pictures to follow when it looks as if I have done something  :blink:

Gondor