Main Menu

SEAC Meteor F2

Started by Gondor, February 13, 2011, 10:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

It's flat with a sort of latticework on top.  Well, that's what I always do as I used a Vic Scheurman article on upgrading the Airfix Meteor some years back and just keep following it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 08, 2011, 04:31:49 PM
It's flat with a sort of latticework on top.  Well, that's what I always do as I used a Vic Scheurman article on upgrading the Airfix Meteor some years back and just keep following it.

Am I correct in thinking that was in Scale Aircraft Modelling ?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Forgot to add that more filler has been added to help get the upper wing surface correct and to try and fill in the gaps next to where the engines will hang. Pictures to follow over the weekend as well as a lot of dust production as I sand away at the plastic and filler :thumbsup:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

No, I think it was Military In Scale, same issue as the Tamiya He 162, June or July 2006.

Vic Shuerman did write for SAM, an endless and interminably dull series that was spun out far too seriously long enough by half.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Ok, Just to prove that I have not fallen asleep on the build....

The picture shows that I now have the engine nasals fitted to the wings.

A better view showing that there are still gaps big enough to hide the Grand Canyon in that still need to be filled so that's the next task. The fuselage is only in position to show how it looks with the new engines fitted. Still got the Instrument panel to make and fit before I close up the fuselage half's. Weight will be added behind the cockpit and before the fuselage is glued to the wings. Hopefully more progress pictures tomorrow.

Gondor

The Wooksta!

Nick the spare from the Matchbox/Xtrakit NF kit? The coaming with gunsight will come in handy too.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Wonderful idea Lee. Think I will use the Joystick as well from the Matchbox kit. I hope to get this beast finished for Perth then I can concentrate of the other builds I have on the go.

Gondor

NARSES2

Really looking forward to seeing this one Alistair, coming along really well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Doc Yo

Looks like its coming along nicely.

Gondor

I have slowed down a lot on the build recently. Too much filler applied over the weekend has made the PSR look daunting to me :banghead: I must get around to attacking the PSR to move this build forward of it will end up like so many other models that I have started...... and never finished.

Gondor

decided to try and get my PYÖRRCTUULI built for Perth as well as the Meteor

Mossie

Keep the faith Alastair, it'll be worth it! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gondor

I started to think about the final colour scheme for the Meteor and have decided to do a NMF with the dark blue/black? identification stripes, means I can easily paint the thing using Halfords Nissan Silver but I don't know the colour of the ID stripes or an equivalent tin of enamel to use.

Gondor

The Wooksta!

I wouldn't.  Given all the PSR, an NMF is the last scheme you'd want as it'll highlight ANY flaw.  You've got to be very confident that you've found every one - and then you'll find more.  Trust me on this! 

Besides, Nissan Silver is too grainy for 72nd.  Halfords Gloss Aluminium is closer the mark.

Blue stripes for NMF.  Roundel blue is what you need.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Thanks Lee, I could always brush pain on the finish which would not show flaws as badly. This is my first major cut and bodge with PSR model so I kind of expect there to be some flaws especially as I am working to a schedule.

Gondor

Gondor

More work done today,

Decided to apply some primer to see just how bad my PSR was as it felt horrible under my finger tips. It doesn't look half as bad now compared to how it did with a mix op colours of plastic and the putty  all mixed up.

This shows how I finally got the instrument panel to stay put inside the cockpit and with the correct orientation as well!!

More work to do and only four weeks untill my self imposed deadline !!!

Gondor