Main Menu

SEAC Meteor F2

Started by Gondor, February 13, 2011, 10:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Brush or spray, it doesn't matter. It's the colour that's the problem - Silver WILL highlight any flaws. 

3 colour disruptive is ideal for hiding flaws.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 19, 2011, 12:50:11 PM
Brush or spray, it doesn't matter. It's the colour that's the problem - Silver WILL highlight any flaws. 

3 colour disruptive is ideal for hiding flaws.
Amen, Brother! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

OK, three colour cammo it is then, unless I get a fantastic finish after the PSR work.

Started the next round of PSR on the underside of the engines. I will leave the upper surface of the wings and the top of the intake untill I finish the underside of the engines. I will have to do some work on the wheel well fairings on the undersides later as some of my sanding has altered the shapes a little  :banghead:

The amount of filler I had to apply was not as much as I thought. There are some flaws that I know of which I am willing to live with. Next for me today is to do more work in the cockpit so I can put the fuselage halves together.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

The hole behind the cockpit- leave it until after the fuselage is glued together, then use some thin plastic card and mould it into the fuselage up to the back of the resin bit.  Add filler on top and sand flat.  This will also give a basis to get some decent sied lumps of lead into the fuselage to weight the front end down.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Thanks for the tip about shaping the area behind the cockpit Lee, I had already thought about the weight going in that area though.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

It's the only place where you can get enough lead in. 

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Found out last night that I may have to rebuild the engines as they are not identicaly placed  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So I will either have to:

1) Take at least one of the off and reposition it.

2) Take both engines off and reposition both of them.

3) Leve it as it is as unless you look fairly closeley you do not notice the difference.

Personaly I am favouring option 3 as it is the least work and it also meens I have a good reason to build a second one...... Maybe Japaneese ?

Gondor

The Wooksta!

If you do decide to build a second, have a word with either myself or Martin.  Looks like an ideal resin conversion and as yet no one has done a Meteor F2.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on March 23, 2011, 05:58:21 AM
3) Leve it as it is as unless you look fairly closeley you do not notice the difference.

Personaly I am favouring option 3 as it is the least work and it also meens I have a good reason to build a second one...... Maybe Japaneese ?

Gondor

Seems the sensible approach to me mate
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 23, 2011, 08:18:31 AM

Personal I am favouring option 3 as it is the least work and it also means I have a good reason to build a second one...... Maybe Japanese ?

Building a second Meteor F2 or making it Japanese?

or Both?

Gondor

The Wooksta!

Build the second as a master...

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 23, 2011, 02:38:50 PM
Build the second as a master...

Lee I could probably build an engine by itself as a master as both port and starboard engines were the same. Yourself or martin could PM to discuss details about this.

Gondor

Gondor

Managed to get some work done during the week. At home today as the plumber had to get in to fix a leak so I should manage to get some more work done.

Engines almost finished which will leave simply the fuselage, upper wing surfaces and then the undercarriage and painting and only 3 weeks untill my self imposed deadline ends !!!

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on March 23, 2011, 11:20:12 AM

Personal I am favouring option 3 as it is the least work and it also means I have a good reason to build a second one...... Maybe Japanese ?

or Both?

Gondor

Sorry Alistair I wasn't clear. Finish this one and then build a second for whatever scheme you want to put it in ? Give it a hook and navalise it ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 24, 2011, 03:29:42 AM
Quote from: Gondor on March 23, 2011, 11:20:12 AM

or Both?

Gondor

Sorry Alistair I wasn't clear. Finish this one and then build a second for whatever scheme you want to put it in ? Give it a hook and navalise it ?

That's OK NARSES2, think I will just stick to building a Japanese one later and a darn sight more accurately as far as putting the engines onto the wing goes.

Gondor