Main Menu

SEAC Meteor F2

Started by Gondor, February 13, 2011, 10:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Looking really good Alistaire  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Even more work done !!!!

Here is the results of using the cooker and a paint brush !!

Difficult to work out what they are or what they will be, however they will be cut up and made into small air scoops for use on the engines.

The above shows the tailplane's added as well as the decking behind the cockpit and I have hidden the hole behind the instrument panel. The rivets are all gone other than on the control surfaces so there is no contrasting style between the fuselage and the wings.

Still seams as if there is a ton of work to do but this stage is going quickly.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Looking good - keep plugging away at it and you'll get there! :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

Two and a half weeks untill I have to down tools for the Scottish Nationals, it might be tight but it is looking as if I should have this finished in time  :thumbsup:

Might get some extra modelling time as I pulled a mussel in my leg again at badminton tonight so wondering if the Dr will say take time of work.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Real visible progress that makes this build look as if I shall get it to the show on time.......

Here the small lead weights have been fixed behind the resin cockpit using Gator's Grip glue. The ensuing mix, see above, was blanked off with the rear wall from the kit's cockpit cut down to size befor I did this.... , see bellow !!

As I post this the aircraft is looking as if it had just done a belly landing on my work bench. The pivot point is forward of the main undercarriage leg attachment points as well so this should not be a tail sitter.

Still lots of filler to apply to the wing/fuselage join area plus a few little little depressions that need another piece of filler applied..... yet again  :banghead: :banghead:

I have a choice of kits to take the undercarriage from and decided on the Xtrakit F Mk8 main undercarriage as that would be the easiest as far as I can tell to add extensions to.

With luck the PSR will be done by next week then it will be onto the painting and fixing the undercarriage in place  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Gondor

Well as the Scottish Nationals and my self imposed finish date for this build draw ever closer the panic is not just yet set in. I have decided that I should get much further with this build and maybe not produce quite the finish that I would prefer to give this aircraft. So out with the primer tonight after sanding down the majority of the last bits that need work, and as usual there are a few more places that inevitably require more work.

I will let you guys (and girls) decide for yourselves though these are pictures of it's best side  :-\

I will finish the cockpit tomorrow and then attach the canopy and of course deal with the last few areas that need a final touch of PSR before I start to paint in anger either Saturday evening or Sunday morning.

Gondor

Gondor

No pictures at the moment but work has progressed. The canopy is now on and drying after having dipped it in Future/Klear and the hopefully final application of filler has been done. Later I will be fixing the leg extensions in place so that it will also be easier to hold the model while painting it by brush over the next week.

Gondor

Gondor

Very slow work this weekend. Only managed to finish fixing the canopy and fairing it in where needed. Found some more fairly obvious areas that needed some more filler, so I am glad I ordered more on Saturday. The canopy now has the interior colour painted onto the frame work. I was going to use my bottle of Maskol. not sure of the vintage but I think it's mid 80's and never been used so I have no idea if it is possible to use it or how good it would be if I did. :blink: 

I have done a little research into the subject, one Google search, which turned up an entry in another forum saying that Maskol reacts with Future, so the fact that the bottle I posses has dubious capabilities due to its age means I will not be using it for this build.  :blink:

Temporarily misplaced my small mitre block so the leg extensions have been put on hold, this means that I may start painting the camouflage before the undercarriage is put together.

More to come and soon.

Gondor

Gondor

AAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Realised as I was on my way to work today that I have forgotten to do anything about the horrible air-brakes on this kit  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

but I have a cunning plan....... which will not involve cabbages..... but may involve twiglets ! :blink:

Gondor

Gondor

The cunning plan did not work due to lack of time between now and Perth so plan "B" swung into operation. In other words I used the kit air brakes straight from the kit !  If I had the time I would have come up with a far more realistic solution but with time short and the need to get paint applied as soon as possible it was the only viable option. More pictures tomorrow.

Gondor

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Gondor on April 11, 2011, 02:33:14 PM
The cunning plan did not work due to lack of time <....>

Awww, c'mon, it wasn't lack of time, was it? It was lack of cabbages. Admit it!  :mellow:

Great build so far!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Wooksta!

The kit airbrakes don't look that bad in the retracted position and compared to those on the old Frog F.IV and the Matchbox NF Horror, they're actually quite good!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 11, 2011, 04:43:55 PM
The kit airbrakes don't look that bad in the retracted position and compared to those on the old Frog F.IV and the Matchbox NF Horror, they're actually quite good!

They do not look too bad as you say Lee, just not right though and I intend to do better the next time. First coat of paint is on the aircraft, unfortunately no pictures as Photobucket is down for maintenance at this time so I can not upload them  :banghead: Photographs will follow as soon as I can load them to Photobucket.

I have left off the little air intakes from around various parts of the engines, only the people reading this series of posts or a real nerd will know they are not there so what the heck !

Gondor

Gondor

Yippeee Photos !!!!!

First coat of paint on the undersides. Yes I know it is difficult to tell the difference between the primer and the camouflage colour but that's the way it has worked out.

A close up of the forward fuselage which shows the camouflage colour better. The cockpit framing was done freehand. More photos to come now I can post them again, the darn photobucket site kept telling me it was on maintenance when it wasn't :banghead:

Gondor

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est