Main Menu

SpitWulf

Started by tc2324, February 15, 2011, 03:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc2324

....or should that be Focke Fire....??? :wacko:

And time for the madness to start again. Heres a quick proof of concept shot of my next build, the SpitWulf.

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

beowulf

that could end up looking very interesting  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Captain Canada

Neat idea...looks good already ! Glad you called it Spitwulf instead of Wulf Spitzer. Unless you wanted it to hide under your desk....

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

tc2324

Quote from: pyro-manic on February 15, 2011, 04:24:07 AM
Had one of these on the go for a while. ;D

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,27228.0/highlight,shrike.html

Nuts... :banghead: Oh well, I suppose there will always be crossovers in this kind of model building. I was thinking along the lines that the Germans wanted to improve the speed and turning circle of the 190 and used a captured Spit`s wings for experimentation. I noticed that a C wing was used in your idea while I have an A wing and I`m also using the Spit`s horizontal tail pieces so it might look a little different? Did you ever finish that build by the way?

Tiger, Tiger!

Army of One

Great potential here.....might even be able to make the Wurger look a bit less business like......dare I say beautiful......????
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: tc2324 on February 15, 2011, 05:36:00 AM
Quote from: pyro-manic on February 15, 2011, 04:24:07 AM
Had one of these on the go for a while. ;D

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,27228.0/highlight,shrike.html

Nuts... :banghead: Oh well, I suppose there will always be crossovers in this kind of model building. I was thinking along the lines that the Germans wanted to improve the speed and turning circle of the 190 and used a captured Spit`s wings for experimentation. I noticed that a C wing was used in your idea while I have an A wing and I`m also using the Spit`s horizontal tail pieces so it might look a little different? Did you ever finish that build by the way?

It happens! Build whifs long enough and ideas will cross, especially with pretty airplanes like the spit and FW. FW wings on the spit would be cool...
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

pyro-manic

Quote from: tc2324 on February 15, 2011, 05:36:00 AM

It's pretty much finished bar paint - I have to go over the PSR on the wing joins again, as it's not quite right. It does look pretty cool, especially with the Spit's prop and the 190's spinner and cooling fan. I'll get a photo of it as it is at the moment to show you. I wanted to do Spit tails, but I didn't have any spare (the wing was a leftover from the Airfix Spit Vc). I'd also thought about altering the canopy, to give it a bulged Malcolm hood instead of the 190's flat one. Not sure I'm capable of that though - clear plastic is always brittle, and I'm worried I'd break it.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing this finished - with my very slow pace and stack of in-progress builds, and your super-fast pace, yours is bound to be finished first! Plus mine will be British, so they'll look very different anyway. :)

PR19_Kit

Are you sure that's not a Focke-Fire?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

matrixone

Great idea, for a long time I have toyed with the idea of putting Ta 152 wings on a late model Spitire (the one with the five blade prop).

Matrixone

pyro-manic

Interesting idea - it would look quite similar to the Spiteful, but would confuse people. :thumbsup:

tc2324

Haven`t had the the time to get into this over the last couple of days but have managed to carefully remove and trim the bits I didn`t need so that I can obtain a reasonable fit.

Of course I have kept the trimmed pieces as they will be handy for the SpitWulf`s brother, the FockeFire........ :wacko: :lol:

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

Completed most of the major `surgery` today on the SpitWulf and FockeFire so waiting for both to `set` overnight prior to trimming, filling the gaps and shaping to fit.

Going to revisit the wing of the SpitWulf as well because I`ve fitted the radiator underneath I am pretty sure it wouldn`t need it in this guise. :-\

SpitWulf

FockeFire

Tiger, Tiger!

sotoolslinger

This will be AWESOME :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Cliffy B

Quote from: sotoolslinger on February 19, 2011, 07:16:34 PM
This will be AWESOME :wub:

Yeah, what he said!!!  :cheers:

So what kind of colors are we going to see or is that still classified?
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous