WTD: 1/144 Engine fronts

Started by Gondor, February 15, 2011, 01:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

I am looking for a pair on Large High By-Pass Engine Fans, the bits people see when they look at the front. They are to go into my build here -> http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,31570.0.html which requires axial engine faces to be seen from close to the front of the engine cowling. Unfortunately as I do not build civil aircraft I do not have any likely candidates available in my stash.

The minimum diameter of the fan face has to be 1cm with the "hub"? being roughly 3 or 4mm diameter. Two of them should be enough, one for each engine but an extra pair would not go amiss in case I make a mess of any.

Thanks in advance

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Gondor,

Shouldn't be a problem, I'll have a look-see in The Loft in the morning. Any particular shape for the 'hub'? Various engines have them domed, tapered or even pointed.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

To misquote Frazier from "Dad's Army" Domed, domed......

Gondor

Maybe I should have a little lay down...... :blink:

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Latest news hot off the press.

After having the nap mentioned in my previous post I remembered that the Hasegawa F-15 has some compressor faces that may be suitable and as I have some Eduard Intake covers for said Hasegawa F-15's I can use a couple to try out.

Hold onto anything you find that may be suitable PR19_Kit in case these don't work out.

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on February 16, 2011, 02:32:58 PM
Latest news hot off the press.

After having the nap mentioned in my previous post I remembered that the Hasegawa F-15 has some compressor faces that may be suitable and as I have some Eduard Intake covers for said Hasegawa F-15's I can use a couple to try out.

That's what I like about wiffers. We pinch a piece from a kit to complete a project and then figure out how to use the kit with a bit missing  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 17, 2011, 12:44:40 AM

That's what I like about wiffers. We pinch a piece from a kit to complete a project and then figure out how to use the kit with a bit missing  ;D

Actually I bought the Intake guards because of the poor intakes of the Hasegawa kit. But then there are not many manufacturers that actually produce very good intakes, probably due to cost and moulding limitations but it's a pain that they don't.

Gondor

PR19_Kit

I found four fans off a 1/144 Revell E-3A that are a tad smaller, and some fans off an early A320 that are a tad large. I'll keep them all on ice until you've checked out the 'in house' solution.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit