Modern Imperial Ethiopian LAV-150's

Started by Old Wombat, February 16, 2011, 08:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkon

when i first looked at em i thought the pattern was cool but a little bright with the tan base, but once i saw the final pics it all comes together! great work! :thumbsup:           
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

PYF42

Very good work
I really like the look and the camo of yours armoured cars .
Fred

Old Wombat

Thank you, arkon & Fred, for your kind words! ;D :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Mossie

Beauties, both of them.  Battered & barely holding together, I like the way the pristine flags fly proudly in contrast with the dusty rust buckets.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Old Wombat

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Old Wombat

Here are a few more pic's with the crew figures in place for the dio (but still not 100%)

Cockerill LAV;

Mecar LAV;

For a different, but related, dio I've build this... Operating "on" the Somali border.

M60A1(E);

Not quite finished - crewman needs unit patches & I need to take the Maskol off of the tail lights. (The things you pick up on photo's! :banghead: )

ChernayaAkula

Damn, these are all excellent!  :bow:

The reddish dust reminds me of the red soil in Kenya. No amount of washing could get it out of your clothes!  ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Old Wombat

rickshaw

Very nice.  Like the weathering.  Yes, it looks like Bulldust to me - which is what we call the red ochre clay when its powdered.   Had to intricate a few trucks from it when its rained (turns to glue).

The crews are interesting.  They look more like Europeans with dark skins.  Its a shame someone doesn't make gracile physiology figures which could be used as Ethopians/Somalies.   Much more slender frames and facile features than most Africans or Europeans
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

Yeah, they (mostly) are Europeans painted to look as African as I can get them; I'm standing by the fact that there is quite a bit of Semitic (Arab/Middle Eastern) ancestry in Ethiopia & the surrounding countries to sneak it through. Also, given the number of Sudanese & Ethiopians in Adelaide, these days, I am well aware of the broad range of heights, skin tones, facial features and even builds but, yep, I'm far too light-on in long (& short), thin statures. My problem is, of course, that there are few-enough African-American figures out there, let-alone African-African figures (especially ones I can afford) & my figure sculpting/scratch-bashing abilities are not up to that level.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

rickshaw

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 01, 2011, 10:36:38 PM
Yeah, they (mostly) are Europeans painted to look as African as I can get them; I'm standing by the fact that there is quite a bit of Semitic (Arab/Middle Eastern) ancestry in Ethiopia & the surrounding countries to sneak it through. Also, given the number of Sudanese & Ethiopians in Adelaide, these days, I am well aware of the broad range of heights, skin tones, facial features and even builds but, yep, I'm far too light-on in long (& short), thin statures. My problem is, of course, that there are few-enough African-American figures out there, let-alone African-African figures (especially ones I can afford) & my figure sculpting/scratch-bashing abilities are not up to that level.

I'm actually surprised there are no Somali figures available in 1/35 that I can find (it would be possible to use the heads for Ethopians).  Every search I've done invariably comes up with purely USMC/US Army/etc figures.  I think the next problem would be finding thin enough bodies.  Most 1/35 US military figures look like they've just stepped out of the wrestling ring IMHO.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

Thanks, Greg! Appreciated! ;D

Quote from: rickshaw on September 02, 2011, 08:42:57 PMI'm actually surprised there are no Somali figures available in 1/35 that I can find (it would be possible to use the heads for Ethopians).  Every search I've done invariably comes up with purely USMC/US Army/etc figures.  I think the next problem would be finding thin enough bodies.  Most 1/35 US military figures look like they've just stepped out of the wrestling ring IMHO.

I have to agree with that, Brian, especially considering the number of US military figures modelled as Somalian intervention forces.

:thumbsup:

Guy.