New RAAF Hawk Scheme being trialled

Started by GTX, February 26, 2011, 08:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on March 02, 2011, 06:19:35 PM
Reminds me of the coloration patterns of some of the dolphin species.

I knew it reminded me of something
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Still horrible.

If you wanted "gloss" go for pale grey overall, or mid grey...or pink even.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

GTX

As seen at Avalon:

Note Sidewinder on wingtip + iron bomb (these were on both sides) + 30mm gunpod on centreline (not so well seen).

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Captain Canada

I don't like it either. The colours just aren't right or something. The low-vis one looks great in the same pattern, tho !

Then, I see the pic at the airshow, and she looks pretty good with the 'winder and the bomb...and I started thinking, although it looks a little shady on the ground, I bet she would look just perfect in flight !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Maverick

Here's a couple of lo-viz vs new schemes I took at Avalon.

Regards,

Mav

Mossie

I think I prefer the newer high contrast version.  I'm not averse to grey as a colour, just don't particularly like it as an allover shade, low contrast or in bland patterns.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Aussie_superbug

Hi All,

The reason why this scheme is being trialled is, that in its current F35237 / F36375 Matt scheme it is hard to see the hawk due to its size.

Not only that, where they're based in Perth, W.Aust you have 2FTS ( PC-9 ), RSAF ( PC-21 ) as well as 79Sqn ( BAe Hawk). Then you have to include Commercial Air traffic as Perth Intl is only ruffly 17 NM away.

If the Trial is successful, All RAAF Hawks will be going this colour

Regards
Brendon

Freightdog862

Anyone know what the trial FS gloss colours are?
Colin

Aussie_superbug

Hi Colin,
Basically Gloss colours of the Current scheme.

F15237 Gloss Blue Grey, and F16375 Gloss Ghost Grey 

HTH

Brendon

Freightdog862