Main Menu

Welcome to The Whiffies 2011

Started by philp, February 27, 2011, 06:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: philp on February 27, 2011, 07:42:44 PMAnd the Winner is:

Ian the Hunter Gatherer's Northrop Scorpion FAW.2

Genuinely humbled given the other final nominees in this category. Sincerely, thanks folks - And especially Phil for (once again) putting it all together, Kudos to you, bud  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Archangel

Lots of great entries and congratulations to everyeone and especailly to the winners.

Tuck

Apologies Phillip....I did not get your message till late last night.  I'm sorry for dropping the ball on my presentation. :-\ :banghead:
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

buzzbomb

Well done to Phil and the Presenters for a great show.

Congrats to all the worthy winners... a whiffing great year.

More to come we hope

Cheers ;D ;D

Daryl J.

Woot!

You are all awesome.  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

That's me with Charlie Sheen on the right----> :drink:

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Radish

Darlings, my heartfelt thanks to all the people who voted for me.
I'd like to thank my mother for giving birth to me and my dad for making Airfix Vintage Cars and starting me in the hobby. My wife deserves a mention or she'll slap me.
Thank you again for the voters, and in fact, everyone involved. You all deserve big kisses.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

tc2324

Well done to all the winners and participants in this years whiffies.   :thumbsup: :bow:

Also a big thanks, as always, to the people that make this happen each year.  :cheers:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Taiidantomcat

Phil, do you think you could post the stats like last year?  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

philp

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on March 01, 2011, 08:32:33 AM
Phil, do you think you could post the stats like last year?  :cheers:

Will get some data posted up probably by this weekend.

Would like to see a few more Acceptance Speeches.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

GTX

Thank you all who voted for me - it is a pleasure to win.

I have just one request:  One of the primary reasons I write these stories and especially work with profilers to illustrate them, is to provide inspiration for others (and myself) to create these in model form.  It would really make me happy to see some of these ideas in model form.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

kitbasher

Quote from: tc2324 on March 01, 2011, 07:02:20 AM
Well done to all the winners and participants in this years whiffies.   :thumbsup: :bow:

Also a big thanks, as always, to the people that make this happen each year.  :cheers:

Totally!
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

sotoolslinger

Quote from: GTX on March 02, 2011, 10:48:53 AM
Thank you all who voted for me - it is a pleasure to win.

I have just one request:  One of the primary reasons I write these stories and especially work with profilers to illustrate them, is to provide inspiration for others (and myself) to create these in model form.  It would really make me happy to see some of these ideas in model form.

Regards,

Greg
Dibs on the FA-25 :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Stargazer

WOW... Best imager? For the second year in a row?!? THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH TO YOU ALL!!

I feel honored and proud, but most of all joyful that my work has made you guys happy. That's what it's ALL about!

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

What a ceremony!!! Much better than many Oscars or Grammies I've seen!
Congratulations to Philp and the others who put it all up together with such maestria!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Green Dragon

Really didn't think I stood a chance of winning a Whiffie with all the great builds here!  :cheers:  :party: :bow:
Many thanks to all who voted for my B-29GS Canard and to Phil and his crew for doing all the hard work setting up and presenting the Whiffies.
Well done to everyone who entered something, the high standard made it really hard to pick just five out of all the entries.
Hopefully I'll be able to turn out something this year good enough to warrant a nomination in the next Whiffies. Far better than the Oscars coz I've never won an Oscar!  :thumbsup:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)