Boeing EC-135N/E ARIA ALOTS "Snoopy" - New Roles?

Started by The Big Gimper, February 28, 2011, 03:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Big Gimper

I just bought an 1/72 AMtech EC-135E/N - The Big Nose.

With all that real estate to work with, what would you suggest it could also be used for?

Note it should have the capability/purpose to support Canadian airspace sovereignty. Ie AEW/AWACs, recce drone mothership, cruise missile launcher, whale spotter, polar bear inventory etc.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

pyro-manic

Super-Missileer? You could fit the mother of all radars in that nose (AEGIS variant? Maybe add RC-135 cheek arrays as well), and hang a shed-load of Phoenix/Standard missiles underneath. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Maverick

Carl,

Believe it or not, I just found a nice artwork of the Snoopy, along with other C-135 variants.  If you've got any thoughts, I can knock them up for you.

Regards,

Mav

The Big Gimper

Quote from: pyro-manic on March 01, 2011, 03:14:44 AM
Super-Missileer? You could fit the mother of all radars in that nose (AEGIS variant? Maybe add RC-135 cheek arrays as well), and hang a shed-load of Phoenix/Standard missiles underneath. :thumbsup:

Good idea. I always like the RC-135 cheeks. As for a missileer, how about putting 2 pylons inboard of engines 2 and 3 and 1 outboard of engines 1 and 4.  What about ECM? Bulges or external pods? Does anyone have winglets for the C-135 family?

Lots of stuff

The Big Gimper

Quote from: Maverick on March 01, 2011, 03:31:47 AM
Carl,

Believe it or not, I just found a nice artwork of the Snoopy, along with other C-135 variants.  If you've got any thoughts, I can knock them up for you.

Regards,

Mav

Mav:

Thanks. If you are offering, you could begin by using the same colour scheme/markings you have on the TU-16./CC-141T. The thingies under the wingies will come later.  

Also given the C-135 has the RCS of a small naval task force, what about medium range cruise missile carrier? 4-6 Missiles on the inboard pylons (Storm Shadows?)

Lots of stuff

McColm

Space shuttle recovery, search & rescue or mount a laser turret on in.

The Big Gimper

That's means I'll have to buy two. The wifey won't like that.  :o

Lots of stuff

kitnut617

there's a 1/72 laser C-135 variant made by AMT, got one in the stash.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

P1127

Water bomber!

Take the front end off the radome and turn it into a giant scoop to fill the tanks from clouds!
It's not an effing  jump jet.

The Big Gimper

Lots of stuff

McColm

add a large air scoop and remove the engines from the wings. The scoop would be the air intake for the engine and a rear exhaust at the back under the tail.