Has anyone else (who will admit to it) ever done this??

Started by Jennings, March 02, 2011, 12:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennings

Written a "what-if" model review?  I'll have to admit to actually sitting down at a typewriter (before there were PC's) and writing a review of the Monogram 1/72 KC-135A kit.  It didn't then, and never has existed anywhere outside my mind.  But BOY was it a good kit!!  I think I may have written a review of the 1/48 Hasegawa MiG-25 as well.

I *know* I'm not the only person who's done that, right?   Please say I'm not....

:)
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

lenny100

not actually done it but though about it a few times, might be something we should start
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

puddingwrestler

I wrote a JMN level nit-picking of the faults review of a kid's press out tab-and-slot printed cardboard model plane once.
You can read it here.
Funny thing is some people took it seriously...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Alvis 3.14159

Mossie

I never got around to it, but I nearly wrote a mock review of a Hasegawa Egg Plane (can't remember which, either P-40 or F-5) from the JMN point of view.  I'd seen a few comments on other forums about the Egg Planes being a waste of time & not seeing the point, so my idea was to write it as if I was horrified at the extraordinary innacuarcy.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Mossie, do it, DO IT!

That's got to be a total hoot.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

GTX

Great idea - we could find a whole new way to stir JMNs with these. ;D

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!