BAC LIGHTNING 2000 - Lightning mix with Tornado

Started by G.Marcat, March 09, 2011, 12:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

This is impressive building!  :thumbsup: Very difficult I can tell
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

G.Marcat

This afternoon done another step before of to paint the my kit. Sprayed on all the model a layer of Tamiya White Primer from the rattle can.
This is the current look of the my Lightning 2K:

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Eddie M.

Wow! I really enjoy the mixture parts and how well they fit together. Very impressive!! ;D
Look behind you!

sandiegobrit

nice work, it's a pity the over-under engine setup was such a maintenance nightmare When I worked at Rolls-Royce one of the jokes was that the design starting point for the tornado was a lightning with one wing cut off and turned through 90degrees to make that big fin ;D

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: G.Marcat on November 03, 2011, 12:57:29 PM
<...>

Wow! :bow: You can just about picture it climbing like hell to chase off some snoopin' Bear or Backfire!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

G.Marcat

Finally started to paint the Lightning.

Choosen a simple scheme, the same scheme sported from the last LIGHTNING in service.

The upper surfaces are in DARK SEA GRAY (from Gunze):

Having loose a lot of time preparing the paint session I was able only to complete  a little portion of the kit. Tomorrow will complete the work.

Scooterman

Starting to look Chinese to me.  Love it no matter what!

Taiidantomcat

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

G.Marcat

Another little step forward today.
Applied the second (of three) color on the fuselage undersurface.

G.Marcat

The Lightning 2K is now painted at the 90%.

I took some images of the painted kit before of to ruin all the paintwork with advanced tecniques like postshading and other (usually the advanced teniques do not works well in the my hands)

Taiidantomcat

Paint looks nice  :wub: very sharp. You can always just use a little pastel dust here and there, don't need to go to crazy with weathering if you don't want  :cheers:

G.Marcat

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on December 13, 2011, 02:07:18 PM
Paint looks nice  :wub: very sharp. You can always just use a little pastel dust here and there, don't need to go to crazy with weathering if you don't want  :cheers:

Done a upper surfaces weathering.
Sprayed the panel lines with same Gunze Dark Sea Gray color of the surface but added of a point of black:

As usual the weathering is OVERDONE... Will try to reduce it a bit in some areas.

John Howling Mouse

This is Whiffery at its finest.  Truly stunning.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

G.Marcat

Hello, If someone think I had left loose this project, the answer is NOT. ;D
The past year in the week from Christmas to New Year  I have applied the decals on it.

Not all the decals, only the most important part of these contained of the huge sheet enclosed with the Airfix kit.

As I did apply the decals, I loose interest in the model, it's usual.

A pair of months ago a bottle of ALCLAD BRONZE has been gone broke,

the colour has spreaded all over the work zone, some drops are fallen over the LIGHTNING.... So in the past week I have completed the repair of the droplets damages.

This is the Lightning 2K currrently: