BAC LIGHTNING 2000 - Lightning mix with Tornado

Started by G.Marcat, March 09, 2011, 12:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Yup we all lose interest with models over time, then like this we pick them up again. No idea of why but it happens  :blink:

Anyway good to see this one back  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Very nice - I like the nose section very much.  :thumbsup:

I'd just say that it looks a little tail-heavy, the wings look a bit (relatively) set far back, so that it could almost be a delta wing?

G.Marcat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 28, 2012, 02:36:13 AM
***I'd just say that it looks a little tail-heavy, the wings look a bit (relatively) set far back, so that it could almost be a delta wing?

It's a TRICKY DELTA.

I have set back the wings in the way them can be "in a false touch" with the horizontal elevators, if view from the perpendicular.

Dizzyfugu

I thought that it was on purpose - but you never know...

Sometimes a whif turns out way different from waht one might have thought in the first place  ;) Very pretty thing!

kerick

Looking good to me! If you could take a pic of the front quarter or so to show off the inlet/radome combo. Nice work. This will have some scratching their heads.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

G.Marcat

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 28, 2012, 02:00:09 AM
Yup we all lose interest with models over time, then like this we pick them up again. No idea of why but it happens  :blink:

I have actually 4/5 models at a good stage of completion but stopped.
For this reason I spent two years on almost every my model because of loss of interest on the project.

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 28, 2012, 06:43:43 AM
Sometimes a whif turns out way different from waht one might have thought in the first place  ;) Very pretty thing!

before of to start with every whatif  I do drawings using scanned 3 views of the original aircraft, but one thing is the drawing, another thing is the kit, in the case of this LIGHTNING was almost impossible to move more rearward the wings as I have would to do.

Quote from: kerick on August 28, 2012, 07:04:09 AM
Looking good to me! If you could take a pic of the front quarter or so to show off the inlet/radome combo. Nice work. This will have some scratching their heads.

done:

But, it's the worst part I have made: I have done some changes of mind here in the front so the result is the two stage air intake: the first version was too much little, so I did an enlargement.
I have lost a lot of time improving this part of the kit, but the reult is not good.
The air intake is painted all black only for a purpose: to avoid at the observer look too much this zone..... less detail you see better is!

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

McColm

G.Marcat

Quote from: McColm on August 31, 2012, 11:13:05 PM
Is that a snow affect? :thumbsup:

I think it's dust, maybe resin dust..... the macro lens is terrible

waynos

Looking very smart. With the wing that far back I reckon the tailplanes could be remounted on the nose for even tighter turning  ;D