EU aircaft Roundels Query

Started by Cobra, March 10, 2011, 10:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

the same EUFOR markings can also be found on a few Belgian A-109BA's who operated in Bosnia a few years back  :mellow:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

But surely the aircraft still belong to the Member States, and are under the EU control only insofar as their home Governments will let them? AFAIK the RAF Pumas that carried the 'Ring of Stars' still had their RAF roundels and serials etc. as they still belonged to the RAF.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Taiidantomcat

I thought of this when i read the topic title. Just throwing it out there  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on March 12, 2011, 01:54:55 PM
I thought of this when i read the topic title. Just throwing it out there  :thumbsup:

Shades of the Kestrels in the Tri-partite Trials Unit, they had a split roundel too, but only three parts of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 12, 2011, 04:04:29 PM
Quote from: Taiidantomcat on March 12, 2011, 01:54:55 PM

Shades of the Kestrels in the Tri-partite Trials Unit, they had a split roundel too, but only three parts of course.

How many member states in the EU now?  Might make for a very complex roundel if they follow that trend.  Ring of stars with the member nation's normal roundel in the centre?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Gondor

Quote from: rickshaw on March 13, 2011, 01:28:40 AM

How many member states in the EU now?  Might make for a very complex roundel if they follow that trend.  Ring of stars with the member nation's normal roundel in the centre?

I think it's 27, willing to be proved wrong though.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 12, 2011, 09:53:45 AM
But surely the aircraft still belong to the Member States, and are under the EU control only insofar as their home Governments will let them? AFAIK the RAF Pumas that carried the 'Ring of Stars' still had their RAF roundels and serials etc. as they still belonged to the RAF.

Oh sure - these are "campaign" markings, if you like. However, it shows the way EU institutions are going graphics-wise, and if the Euro-army ever materialises (as some think inevitable... :rolleyes:), pound-to-a-penny the roundel will be along these lines.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

I did these NATO "Joint Carrier Force" roundels for my Paladin profiles. They incorporate the common colours from the flags of the contributing nations:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones