They want what for it?

Started by rickshaw, March 12, 2011, 05:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 27, 2022, 07:44:49 AM
The prices of second hand 72nd Scimitars at the minute is ridiculous. But then again, stuff you couldn't give away two years back is going for nigh on 30 notes.

And some stuff that was worth a bit, isn't. Exactly the same when you look at "genuine" antiques. Things that were worth a £1,000 or two a few years ago are now worth a £100 or so, whilst some old 1960's step ladder is worth a couple of £100 and 70's G Plan furniture a few hundred more. And yet I threw stuff away  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I turned a 70's G Plan sideboard into a rat hutch.

Easy come, easy go.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Quote from: zenrat on May 29, 2022, 04:44:13 AM
I turned a 70's G Plan sideboard into a rat hutch.

Easy come, easy go.
I'll look that up on the Internet for research purposes.

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

What planet is he on? Not this one, obviously.........  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

AeroplaneDriver

Hmmm....$300 for a 1/144 Phantom?  This inflation thing is getting out of hand. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144597874259?hash=item21aab47653:g:Xr0AAOSwor1ha5PR
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

That's flipping ridiculous to my eyes  :o Unless there's something about the kit that I'm not aware of ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

I noticed that all of the advertised kits by that manufacturer (Tomytec Gimix) was in the stupidly high price bracket. The last part of the name may explain a lot. :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

loupgarou

Excuse me, just a silly question: is the Airfix Skyvan a rare kit? Not issued since a long time?
I am seeing many for sale on ebay.uk for around 60 £  :o
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on June 20, 2022, 02:29:14 PM
Excuse me, just a silly question: is the Airfix Skyvan a rare kit? Not issued since a long time?
I am seeing many for sale on ebay.uk for around 60 £  :o

Scalemates are saying the most recent issue was in 2002 with new transfers, so it hasn't been released for a while, but I've seen some second hand ones on sale at shows recently although I didn't notice the price as I wasn't interested.

Seems as though it's exactly the type of kit Airfix would release in their "Classic" range ?

loupgarou

Thanks, Narses. Just curious about price strange patterns.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

The price to look at on evil-bay is the selling price in finished auctions, not the asking price in current ones.
You want to know what people are willing to pay rather than what some dreamer thinks they can get.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Quote from: zenrat on June 21, 2022, 04:18:00 AM
The price to look at on evil-bay is the selling price in finished auctions, not the asking price in current ones.
You want to know what people are willing to pay rather than what some dreamer thinks they can get.

I know, Fred. But it surprised me that someone could think that a quite "modern" Airfix kit was worth 60 quids. Wondered if there was some special reason. On the other side, I had offered one on ebay (in Europe) at 12 euro and received no bids.  :banghead: